1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dscaler/Sweetspot version

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Mr.D, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    I was having a fiddle last night ( as you do) and I discovered something quite interesting!

No not that. The custom version of Dscaler that comes with the sweetspot seems to use far less cpu time than the regular versions.

For example using tomsmocomp I fully expected to get 100% cpu usage . With Dscaler 4.17v2 it would hang around the 55% mark. This isn't a huge leap over 2:2 pulldown .

This was with judderterminator and no filters ( sweetspot not needing any!)

Has anyone else seen the same behaviour?

However I do seem to get more "hairies" with this version (mismatched field artifacts on occasion) than I did with the tomsmocomp in 4.19. Is this a lite version of tomsmocomp?

I would have posted this to the Dscaler forum but I'm unsure if that is the most relevant place for discussion.

2. David PluggedIn

David PluggedIn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Mr D
    We are looking in to this at the moment with the developers and will get back to you. Its true about the filters, we have seen a big difference between SweetSpot and the budget capture cards!

we'll keep you posted

regards

3. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    I'm not sure I trust the cpu usage reading I'm getting from my HTPC. I checked it again last night and it was running at 55% usage for tomsmocomp for a good hour. Checked it later and it was constant at 95% ( this is in MBM5 and task manager).