1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dscaler settings

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by NickBull, Dec 13, 2001.

1. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What is the best setting for the De-interlace mode on Dscaler?
    I want it for VHS films and ITV digital (Sky Sports)

I noticed on the footie last night it was looking a bit strobey?

The current setting is Auto Detect and Greedy Video I think!

Also, I think I have my AGP port set to 2x, would I see improvements setting it to 4x.

Overall I am very impressed with this little program, It's better using composite into the Rave TV card than I was getting using S-video into ATI All-in-wonder.

Thanks

Nick

2. JohnAd

JohnAd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Nick

For sport GreedyH is probably best but also try my baby - Greedy 2 Frame as well.

For VHS I would seriously recommend getting a SVHS player, but if you're limited to a normal one try manually selecting the film pulldown from the deinterlacing menu. For all films on your video it will be either 2:2 filp on even or odd, once you've worked out which one you want you can select it manually and use the spare CPU for running the noise, sharpness and gamma filters, playing around with each to get the best out of the signal.

Other tricks with VHS that can help are reducing the pixel width and switching on the vertical and horzisontal filters in the advanced video flags dialog.

John

3. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers again John.

I'll try a few more things when I have time.

I can't justify extra expense on a VCR. My main concern is Sports really.

Cheers

Nick