Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Dscalar and HS10

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Pulsar, Aug 9, 2003.

1. Pulsar

Pulsar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    Hello,

I know that a few of you guys use a HTPC running Dscalar, a pbv tv-100 capture card and a HS10. Can you guys help me to get my system setup so that it doesn't stutter. I have thought about it myself, and I think that the cause of the stutter could be one or more of the following.

1. HS10 refresh rate. Think mine is 56Hz. (not sure though)
    2. PC not powerful enough. Not likely being a Athlon XP running at 2.3 Ghz with 512 MB Corsair RAM etc....
    3. I am poo at setting things up!!!

The only source I have tested with so far is a PS2 running a PAL game at 50Hz. I have setup Dscalar according to the sticky on this forum. How can I get the display on the HS10 to be very smooth?

I have noticed a number of different custom resolutions available for 1:1 pixel mapping on the HS10, and I think that some give different refresh rates, is it possible that I am using the 'wrong' custom resolution?

What would be the ideal refresh rate for displaying Dscalar outup from a 50Hz input signal from say a digital box or PS2?

I hope that some of this makes sense.

Thanks in advance

Rob

2. MikeTV

MikeTV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +842
    If you have too many filters, or if the software is selecting the wrong deinterlace mode for the material, you can get jerky playback. My setup is different from yours (I run at 60Hz) but I can get reasonable results using TomsMoComp as the deinterlace method (but not TomsMocomp2), with the default settings, and by using just the sharpness and gradual noise reduction filters. With these settings you shouldn't be getting any dropped frames (stutter).

3. Pulsar

Pulsar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    Cheers for the info Mike,

I did forget to mention that when I run Dscalar on my monitor @ 1280*1024 @ 60Hz (I think) the playback doesn't seem to stutter. This is though, this is only a 17" LCD monitor and it is harder to tell.

Cheers

Rob