1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DSC-P71 Problem

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by elbitrevnoc, Apr 24, 2003.

1. elbitrevnoc

elbitrevnoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have had DSC-P71 for about 8 months without problem, but camera started to play up on the weekend. Whilst I could view previously taken pictures, I couldn't get the camera itself to come on - almost as if the lens was jammed. It would 'beep' but do nothing else. Worked every now and then for a moment, but would then shut down again.

I had been using the camera with ordinary alkaline AA batteries (which Sony do allow) but problem SEEMS to have gone away now that I have loaded back in recharcheable Ni-MHs. Is this just a conincidence? I've used alkaline batteries in it many many times (more in fact than the rechargeables - they're never charged up when I need 'em!).

Is there some sort of long-term memory problem if I continually use alkalines? Can't find anything about it in Sony documentation/web site.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

2. a_schlaegel

a_schlaegel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw this was posted back in '03 but I am having the SAME problem with the same camera. Have you figured out any new info, please????

Thank you!!!

3. pixelpixel

pixelpixel
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,207
    Ahh also don't drop it in water. My dsc-w17 is now currently like this. Stuck in a land of its own. :(