• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

DS Wifi

bluevortex

Okay changed the settings on my router 128 wep encryption. I was hoping the DSl would pick up on my wireless network, but no. Do you need one of the wifi games to do this? I have new mario, bomberman, Dr whats his name Brain training. Do you need a proper wifi games (i.e mario kart) to get connection settings in game?

SpikeyTheFatGit

I'm new to this, but yes I think you do need a wifi enabled game before you can edit the settings. I couldn't find anything in the manual or the options menus, but did oncel I loaded Mario Kart up.

bluevortex

thats what i thought. But what about pictochat then? i've come across a few other options in the games i have that seem to try and connect but nothing happens? Maybe these are options for linking two ds together. Damn i need mario kart now.

Tokoloshe Man

Mate you will need a wifi enabled game to check your connection. Games to choose from include:- Mario Kart, Tetris, Metroid Prime, Tony Hawks and Animal Crossing. I think thats it, someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Conn

Pictochat does not use wifi.

As others have said - you need a wifi enabled game to access the wifi settings. Once you set it up for one game, the settings will carry over to the next.

38H21543

The upcoming Opera browser will need Wifi. I guess this will also have to have some connection control built in.
Is there some info on it out there?

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom