DS: what light setting and how long does your battery last

what level is your DS light set to?

• Total voters

fizzgog

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi guys, what level do you tend to have your DS backlight set to and how long does your battery usually last.

i began using the third brightest until i went camping when i stitched to the dimmest to try and prolong the battery life. well, it has lasted and then some! it still hasn't ran out and that is with lots of wifi play since i got back.
pete

Have mine on the 3rd setting. Anything higher and I find it too bright. Not a hardcore gamer and generally get around a weeks gaming from a charge.

not usre how long the battery lasts but i charge it roughly every 4 days with on and off playing. Maybe 16-20 hours of gamins including some Wifi (which uses more power)

EDIT: At the 3rd brightness setting

I play on the 4th brightness setting, which I find brighter then the original DS still.

It doesn't need charging for a few days, and I play on my DS a lot.

Generally anything but the brightest setting. No idea how long the battery lasts, tend to bung it on charge whenever I can rescue it from my kids.

Mine lasted about 6 hours on 2nd brightest with a bit of wi fi play.

EDIT: It wasn't fully charged and I thought it was.

Good poll :smashin:.
I have mine on the 3rd brightest setting and it lasts about 10hrs normally or about 8-9hrs if using homebrew via the R4 (I'm not sure why the R4 sucks out some batt life but there you go :confused: - could be the apps I use I suppose, in which case my most "played" app recently has been Colours DS).
On normal playing time it therefore lasts me >1week.......which is FANTASTIC c.f. the PSP I used to own ;).

I also use the third-highest brightness setting. I probably have to charge once or twice a week, depending on how much I play. I did start off using the brightest setting, but found it drained the battery a little too quickly for my liking.

I also use the third-highest brightness setting. I probably have to charge once or twice a week, depending on how much I play. I did start off using the brightest setting, but found it drained the battery a little too quickly for my liking.

Same with me... was using the brightest to begin with but was having to charge it far too often. I have been playing it loads lately though as I've had no TV since xmas (long story, but I'm now currently waiting for a Sky engineer to turn up). Anyway, I've started using the 3rd setting and get much more use before I have to charge it again. I think I have to charge it every two days depending if I've been using wifi with my girlfriend (trading fruit in Animal Crossing ;)). She has hers on the lowest setting and gets a good 3 or 4 days use before needing to charge again.

I'm glad I saw this thread. I was beginning to think there was something wrong with the battery on my DS.

I had it on highest brightness and it was needing to get charged on a daily basis (although I have been playing it quite a bit because my poor Wii is currently getting repaired by Mr Nintendo).

I've now switched the brightness to the lowest and it hasn't needed to be charged since the settings were changed a couple of days ago.

^^^Can you let us know when you do need to charge again? I'd be intrigued to know how long the battery lasts with the screen on the least bright setting (but my eyes aren't good enough to try myself :)).

^^^Can you let us know when you do need to charge again? I'd be intrigued to know how long the battery lasts with the screen on the least bright setting (but my eyes aren't good enough to try myself :)).

It lasted around three times longer on the lowest brightness setting :smashin:

I use mine on the darkest setting, but I've never played long enough without charging to see how much time I get out of it.

Oooh I am glad I found this thread - I've been despairing over the battery life (has definitely dropped) and Nintendo were about as much use as a chocolate teapot when i asked them about it. Wanted me to send the DS back to them for inspection - didn't get a reply after I suggested that just sending me a new battery would be cheaper for them in the long run as it would go back and forth freepost (less than ayear old).

Had to google how to turn the brightness down, however, it seems I was only on the 2nd brightest anyway, have turned it down a notch, hopefully that will extend the battery life :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom