Quantcast

ds lite questions

darrenhbk4

Hi everyone ive just brought my black ds lite last night from toys r us for £129 which came with nsmb and animal crossing:thumbsup:. I just hav a few questions:

1: Do you hav to buy that usb adpater to play online?

2: Is metroid prime on the ds worth getting as im a big fan of the gc games

3: Is there a way to play old snes games on the ds as that is what i used my psp for mainly :D

4: On the nintendo site is there ever going to be any decent products avalible to use your star points on

and may i say having own a psp as well i think the ds is well worth the money as it brings back the fun element which nintendo always brings.

Thanks

dapex

Novice Member
I can only answer one question, you do not need that USB thing to play online if you already have a wirelss network and you can get the ds to work on it. I gather some people have issues with wep etc and so they buy the usb dongle. if you dont have wirless then yes you will need the usb dongle

Cheers

Ratinho

I wouldn't bother with a crappy usb dongle. They are around £25, I thought right? I got a very good Belkin wireless router for £40~, or if you already have a wireless router, you can use that. Basically you can use a wireless connection to the net, any afaik.

Metroid is supposed to be very good, but it's not my type of game. Don't think there's any homebrew that can let you play any other snes games, etc.

figoagogo

Hi everyone ive just brought my black ds lite last night from toys r us for £129 which came with nsmb and animal crossing:thumbsup:. I just hav a few questions:

1: Do you hav to buy that usb adpater to play online?
NO just a wirless router (as stated above)

2: Is metroid prime on the ds worth getting as im a big fan of the gc games
I hated it, the control method was good, but just didn't like it, too disorientating and bland for me, however never really been a fan of MP. A lot of people rate it

3: Is there a way to play old snes games on the ds as that is what i used my psp for mainly :D

Other than GBA titles, nothing I know off

4: On the nintendo site is there ever going to be any decent products avalible to use your star points on

I recently checked and its dreadful, waste of time, they should offer things like the DS Web browser on it but they are too tight I guess

and may i say having own a psp as well i think the ds is well worth the money as it brings back the fun element which nintendo always brings.

Agreed, get Mario Kart DS - BRILLIANT

I

ibook17

I'm looking to purchase a DS lite but just looking around at the minute for the best deal. Does anyone know which retailers are currently doing a good package deal?

figoagogo

ibook17 said:
I'm looking to purchase a DS lite but just looking around at the minute for the best deal. Does anyone know which retailers are currently doing a good package deal?
play.com do a DS with Bomberman for £99 inc postage etc, I think game/game station do them for £109 + limited choice of game