• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

DS Lite Problem

Ruby Eyed Owl

Established Member
Hi.

I picked up my DS tonhgt as always and started playing.

I then noticed that there seemed to be some light escaping from near the bottom screen.

It seems the that the matt plastic - the bit that holds the buttons is coming away from the glossy plastics allowing light to escape.

I also took out the GBA cover cart and it seems that there is a small open area on the left hand side that is letting out alot of light too

Does anyone else have this problem. You can only see it in darker enviroments.

Will see if i can get a decent picture to post.

Ruby Eyed Owl

Established Member
dscf0312yc0.jpg

Ruby Eyed Owl

Established Member
i might i will see how i get on, if it gets worse i will return it i think, only realy noticeable in darker conditions

maybe i am being picky.

Conn

Established Member
Can not see any light seepage on mine. That picture looks bad...unless the flash has made it look worse?

Ruby Eyed Owl

Established Member
the picture is with the gba slot filler out

Sandman`

Established Member
I get it too, only when im playing my DS in the dark do I notice it though. Dont think its anything to worry about really...

Flashy

Distinguished Member
^^^That's as maybe, but if it's new and shouldn't be doing it, then that's plenty of cause for returning it.

Ruby Eyed Owl

Established Member
yeah its annoying me know that i know about it.

gonna see about returning it today.

Ruby Eyed Owl

Established Member
hmmm bit of a dilemma.

1. game said to take it back into store and they will "see what they can do"

2. if they do change it what if i end up with a unit with stuck/dead pixels...can you return those?

Conn

Established Member
somecoolgeezer said:
hmmm bit of a dilemma.

1. game said to take it back into store and they will "see what they can do"

2. if they do change it what if i end up with a unit with stuck/dead pixels...can you return those?

Yes. Test it in store.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom