DS Lite hardware question

daveb975

Just bought a new DS Lite on the weekend.

It is absolutely superb, but I seem to have a slight problem with the right shoulder button. It works, but it does not have a positive 'click' in the same way the left one does.

Has anyone else had this, and is it likely to get worse as I use it? I am reluctant to swap it out, as the machine has no pixels or other issues that I have read about here. I'd hate to swap it for one worse!

Conn

Novice Member
Mine are both the same. If it does not affect the play, I would hold on and see if it got any worse.

daveb975

Conn said:
Mine are both the same. If it does not affect the play, I would hold on and see if it got any worse.
Thanks, but do you mean that the buttons on both your DS's are the same as mine, or that the left and right buttons on yours are the same as eachother?:D

spocktra

Novice Member
Mine is the same as yours ,with only one clicking.It is a good job the lite carries a 2 year warranty.The build quality is very poor,i am on my 4th console so far.

daveb975

spocktra said:
Mine is the same as yours ,with only one clicking.It is a good job the lite carries a 2 year warranty.The build quality is very poor,i am on my 4th console so far.
Are you finding that the button continues to work ok, though? Mine does, but I am worried it may not last as long, especially worrying as it is so key in MK! After reading about the general build quality on here, I am definitely going to keep mine unless it looks serious.

Where did you get details of the 2 year warranty. The booklet that came with mine only mentions a '12 month limited warranty'.