DS Lite Dead Pixel

S

Se7en1977

Hi All

I bought a Black DS Lite last night, from Blockbuster (Free Game + Accessory Kit).

It seems to have a dead pixel on the upper screen, and one on the lower.
Is this normal or should I take it back ??

Thank you
S

I bought mine from Toys R Us yesterday afternoon. Got it home and it had a dead pixel on the lower screen. I took it straight back, they swapped it immediately, telling me (not agreeing with me - I hadn't had a chance to plead any sort of case) that it was completely unacceptable.

Any defect, whether it's a dead pixel, a cracked hinge, etc, is enough for you to return it. They shouldn't have dead pixels, so you have a faulty unit. Try the exchange one in store to make sure it's okay before you take it home.

Nintendo also consider dead pixels unnacceptable and will replace the machine under warrenty if you have no luck with the shop. My old DS was swapped out for a bright red pixel on the top screen.

Jim is right, the store should swap out any faulty DS Lites, and Nintendo have a very very good returns policy. If you have any problems with the store then go direct the Nintendo UK who will deal with you problem.

I got my dslite yesterday and it has 1 dead pixel so i called toys r us.

I told them i'm half way through mario and don't want to lose my save.

They said bring it in once i've completed it and they will swap it for a new one and i can test it in store if i wish.

A big :thumbsup: to toys r us!

Your save is stored on the game card, not the DS itself, so you can change it any time.

The_Wierd said:
Your save is stored on the game card, not the DS itself, so you can change it any time.

Shows what a noob i am (along with the guy i spoke to)

I'll take it back tomorrow then, thanks very much!

I'm looking to get the wife a DS lite tommorrow and have just started reading about the ups and downs.

What does a dead pixel look like and what is it?

Cheers

Allblackdup said:
I'm looking to get the wife a DS lite tommorrow and have just started reading about the ups and downs.

What does a dead pixel look like and what is it?

Cheers

It looks like a pixel that does not change colour.

It is a pixel that does not do what it is supposed to (ie change colour!)

They can get stuck on any colour - mine only really showed up on a black background.

Edit - it is not much of a problem as if you get even one dead pixel, it will be swapped for you. Nintendo have a zero defects policy (none of this 3% tolerance malarkey or anything like that)

I got mine on saturday from gamestation in blockbuster. Had 2 stuck pixels when I got it home. I took it back the next day and they changed it without any problems.

It all depends on what your like, i always focus on the dead pixel, i can't help it it bugs me, you are well within your rights to get an exchange, if it was pre-owned then you could accept it but it's new.

Best way to test for dead pixels is Metroid Prime's intro with the Nintendo logo where both screens are completely black. Went through three DS Lites using this game until I got one with no dead pixels :)

i have 3 dead pixels on mine, had it about a month, ive lost the receipt so im going to buy another one, put this one in the box and take it back, then ill have two brand new ones

(the second ones a gift)

i have 3 dead pixels on mine, had it about a month, ive lost the receipt so im going to buy another one, put this one in the box and take it back, then ill have two brand new ones

You cheeky monkey. The old switcharoo... ;)

You cheeky monkey. The old switcharoo... ;)

Yeah some companies are aware of this, I think its gamestation now which takes the serial numbers of the consoles before purchase, so if you try to take back a different one they'll know.....:eek:

(the second ones a gift)

Be funny if the new one has dead pixels :rotfl:

Hmm got a couple of dead pixels on mine. Had it a couple of months now... now to decide if I should exchange it for a new one.

Ive decided im not bothered, you cant tell when your playing a game, and so long as no more start dying i can live with it. This ds feels like 'my' one now if you know what i mean, we're inseperable

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom