DS Lite connecting to VM Super Hub

I love a sunflower

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to connect a DS Lite to my Virgin Media Super Hub, but the DS doesn't like my WEP key, I'm guessint the WEP key is the pass phrase on the back of the Super hub?

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Nope, the passphrase on the back of the superhub is what you need to administer the settings on the superhub.

The passphrase for the network, which is what you are connecting the DSlite to, is usually something you have to configure yourself.

To do this, connect your pc to the superhub via an ethernet cable (sometimes this may not be needed, try without first and see if it connects wi-fi instead as the network may default to open (ie, no passphrase)).
Once PC is connected to the superhub, type
Code:
http://192.168.0.1
into your browser.
A superhub admin page will open and will now ask for the user and passphrase info that is printed on the back of the superhub....type those in.
Now, in the security settings for the network, choose a 13 character passphrase and a name for the network, encrypted as WEP, and save those settings.
You can now logout of admin and close your browser.

Using the DSlite, log into your network using the settings you chose.

Possibly even easier method?
I think the VMsuperhub has AOSS built in:

In the DS select AOSS.....now press and hold the Virgin Media logo on the front of the hub for a few seconds till it blinks.

Everything should (fingers crossed) pair and configure correctly...

You're not going to be able to change the router to WEP anymore sadly. Virgin have blocked people from being able to change their router to it as WEP isn't as secure as the other sercurity settings. My Mum had this problem a couple of months ago when she had a new super hub installed and wasn't able to play her DS online anymore.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom