DS-Lite Case

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by J D, Sep 17, 2007.

1. J D

J D
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking at getting a case for my DS to stop general dust etc getting on it around the house when I'm not using it. I have seen a black Joytech Carry Case for about a fiver, which seems ok, are there any alternatives which would be better?

2. ..ND..

..ND..

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have one similar to this: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3820 which is firm enough to prevent knocks and has space for 3 games and a stylus. DealExtreme have others available, and are well respected as a supplier by customers on this forum.

I also have my DS in a crystal case and it still fits nicely into the above.

3. J D

J D
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, are the crystal cases worth getting? Do they make it more awkward to use/play? Also are they all the same, or is there one you can recommend?

4. ..ND..

..ND..

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I bought mine from this seller on eBay: http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/spider-foot
    I received it today (10 day delivery) with a free screen protector, and was fitted in 5 seconds. All the slots and buttons are easily accessible. Can't comment on its worth yet, but it should protect from external scratches. It certainly fits like a glove, but I fear that dust / hair may still get in between the case and the DS and that will annoy me.

This seller also sells the case I mentioned before, and for the cost, you could get both. I'd certainly go for first case and if you're particular (like me) about how you treat your DS, you won't really need the crystal too.

Worth getting a HORI screen protector too - if only for the touchscreen. I'm glad I bought mine before it was too late.

5. J D

J D
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll just go for the pouch for now, as I'll be leaving it in there when I'm not using it. Thanks for your help.

6. Sebby

Sebby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I went for this one.

Cheap and cheerful, and not bad at all. I didn't want anything fancy as, like you, it's only to keep it in something round the house/travelling on the train to work.

7. said127

said127

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  8. Zoogly

Zoogly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    http://www.game.co.uk/DS/Hardware/Accessory/~r329952/Officially-Licensed-Mario-DS-Lite-Carry-Case/
    I swear by this case. It's stood me in good stead the whole time I've had my DS Lite as I tried the harder cases and they were incredibly bulky.
    This has a padded pocket to store games or your earphone etc.
    It will also survive knocks and falls, and you don't have to take it out of the case to play it, giving it added protection.
    The only quibble I've got with it is that the perspex cover in which the bottom half of the DS nestles is slightly loose, and thus if you're playing an energetic game or just a natural fiddler like me(!) the DS can ride up about a centimetre to half a centimetre when you play.
    Also, the stylus is inaccessible when in the case, so I usually just slide one through the elastic loops that hold the wrist strap.

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Nintendo_Officially_Licensed_Nintendo_DS_Lite_Carry_Case__6554646
    As you can see, it also comes in "plain" in six colours, as well as other licensed characters like Nintendogs and Pokemon Pearl and Diamond.

If you go into a Game shop, you'll be able to look at one and test it out.

However! The price reflects that it's a Nintendo produced official case and it usually retails for £9.99. Game are doing it for £7.99 at the moment though.

9. Spy

Spy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    I secon d that. I have the same case and it's great. Also fits quite a few games in the pouch

10. G a f f e r

G a f f e r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +666