• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

DS Internet access

wigsey

Standard Member
I have a DS a wireless router and an R4 card.

is there any way I can access the internet using my DS.

I have searched all over and cannot find an answer on this . Can anyone tell me.

1) Is it possible

2) How do I do it

3) Do I need any extra bits software/hardware ?

Many thanks in advance

tokwitney

Established Member
i have a Wannadoo livebox wireless router. Can anybody help me with the settings I need,I cant find them on the nintendo site.
I'm pretty useless at this sort of thing so an idiots guide would be good.

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
i have a Wannadoo livebox wireless router. Can anybody help me with the settings I need,I cant find them on the nintendo site.
I'm pretty useless at this sort of thing so an idiots guide would be good.

I setup wireless on my DS last night and all I needed was my WEP key, had it up and running within minutes so just make sure you have your details to hand and you should be fine (assuming your Router has a WEP key and not a WPA key)

tokwitney

Established Member
yes it does have a WEP key number on the back of the box.I take it i just manually input this no & follow the instructions on the screen

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
yes it does have a WEP key number on the back of the box.I take it i just manually input this no & follow the instructions on the screen

Yep.

tokwitney

Established Member
Found the SSID & entered that & WEP key,tested the connection & my DS said it couldnt find any devices in range even though it was sitting on the router.
I'll wait till my other half gets home as she's the computer expert.

captainff

Established Member
Found the SSID & entered that & WEP key,tested the connection & my DS said it couldnt find any devices in range even though it was sitting on the router.
I'll wait till my other half gets home as she's the computer expert.

On the Orange / Wanadoo live box there is a pairing button on the back.. .. .. you need to press this before you search for the router.. .. (apparently)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom