DS Games I should own

monkeyleader

Hey,

So Ive been a bit slack on picking up my DS in the past few months or so - and Im looking for a reason to get back into it. I've got Metriod Prime Hunters an MarioKart DS on pre-order but until they arrive are there any games that I should pickup - I also have a psp so no recomendations on games that are also available for that console.

ta,

Nige

Miyazaki

Castlevania, Advance Wars, Kirby are all worth shelling out for.

Chanser

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan, Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney, Trauma Centre - Under the Knife and Jump Superstars.

S

Sarah Nya

I'm really enjoying Lost in Blue at the moment, I do have doubts over how long it will be though as I've explored a great deal of the island already (I think). Definately worth considering though.

Also I'd agree Phoenix Wright, Castlevania and Advance Wars :D

D

dazz260192

the urbz and tiger woods are great games u should try them as for the psp DONT get nfsu rivals as its to pixelized and looks like its gba sp graphics

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrispyXUK

Mario 64DS, Mario Kart DS, Castlevania, Zoo Keeper, Meteos, Kirby, Advance Wars, Jump Super Stars, Phoenix Wrighte

Upcoming: Final Fantasy III DS, Mother 3 (GBA), Metriod Hunters, Animal Crossing Wild World, Viewtiful Joe Scratch, Guilty Gear Dust Strikers, Mario & Luigi Partners in Time, Children of Mana, Sonic Rush, New Super Mario Bros., Resident Evil DS, Touch! Golf...

Looks like I'm gonna be skint

CrispyXUK

Not really, only seen a few scans and screenshots, have a look at the website, search google for world of mana

S

Sarah Nya

Just done that now, after ages of searching for a site that works firewall won't block!

I'm sooo hopeful about this game as it looks like the older Mana games rather than the more recent PS1 game, which I didn't think was bad it just wasn't as good as the previous games.

I read somewhere it will have a decent multiplayer mode too so hopefully I won't have a scrap with the other half about who is going to play on it for once (Castlevania got very competitive).

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
I just bought Rebelstar Tactical Command, although it's a GBA game, it's by far the finest game I have on the DS right now!

Finally I'm hooked to my DS :D

tom_g

Standard Member
sort of tempted to get a ds for xmas.... want a black one tho.

also have a compulsion to buy a gamecube, don't know why as i already have one. what's going on???

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
tomgoodfella said:
sort of tempted to get a ds for xmas.... want a black one tho.

also have a compulsion to buy a gamecube, don't know why as i already have one. what's going on???
The black DS is class, but as for a second cube??????????? :eek:

tom_g

Standard Member
really don't know why... not played on the gc for a good 6 months now. might get metriod prime 2 but i'm afraid it's going to be too similar to that 1st one.
and i still haven't done more than 20 hours on zelda. oh well.

dimples

If you haven't played Metroid Fusion for the GBA then I'd buy that, it is awesome, and is £11.50 from game inc postage.

womble9

dimples said:
If you haven't played Metroid Fusion for the GBA then I'd buy that, it is awesome, and is £11.50 from game inc postage.
ALL metrioid games are superb (IMO). Just got Metroid pinball yesterday and first impressions are very good (fantastic sound) :)

dimples

womble9 said:
ALL metrioid games are superb (IMO). Just got Metroid pinball yesterday and first impressions are very good (fantastic sound) :)
I have to agree, though I found Metroid Prime a bit difficult mainly due to the amount of controls you had to remember, it just didn't quite have the same simplistic gameplay due to it's 3D transition.

Fusion is just like the SNES game, in other words a classic even today, and perfect for a handheld.

The pinball game looks pretty cool, might have to check that out :)

womble9

dimples said:
I have to agree, though I found Metroid Prime a bit difficult mainly due to the amount of controls you had to remember, it just didn't quite have the same simplistic gameplay due to it's 3D transition.

Fusion is just like the SNES game, in other words a classic even today, and perfect for a handheld.

The pinball game looks pretty cool, might have to check that out :)
I've got to agree that Prime wasn't as simple which I can understand might have put some people off, but the atmophere, my god it's amazing. Just been playing pinball again and it's well nice, you also get a rumble pack with it that plugs into the GBA slot, how cooooooooool :thumbsup: !!!.

MattDX

I recently got Daigasso Band Brothers - really good. If you're looking for a DDR sort of game it's awesome. Multiplayer looks interesting. 1 cart - 8 players - each playing a different instrument of the song!

CrispyXUK

Just ordered Mario Kart from Movietyme for £23 \o/ Hopefully it will turn up on Wednesday

womble9

CrispyXUK said:
Just ordered Mario Kart from Movietyme for £23 \o/ Hopefully it will turn up on Wednesday
Can you post up a link to it please ?. Got a but of a hang over after a 40th bash last night and a bit of retail therapy always seems to do the trick :) !!.

S

Sarah Nya

Everytime I look at this board I spend money...just ordered Mariokart

womble9

Sarah Nya said:
Everytime I look at this board I spend money...just ordered Mariokart
Me too along with Trauma Center a game that i'm sure will really shine with it's use of the stylus. I wasn't doubtfull of the DS doing well but it's slowly turning into a clasic machine for me, great games out already and many more on the way, Monkey Ball looks sweet :thumbsup: .

CrispyXUK

Don't forget Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney :)

S

Sarah Nya

womble9 said:
Me too along with Trauma Center a game that i'm sure will really shine with it's use of the stylus. I wasn't doubtfull of the DS doing well but it's slowly turning into a clasic machine for me, great games out already and many more on the way, Monkey Ball looks sweet :thumbsup: .
I've got Trauma Centre too but I haven't go around to playing it just yet after deciding to actually try and finish games before moving onto the next one! (how good I am at that remains to be seen though).

Phoenix Wright is definately worth getting too...sorry to be a bad influence moneywise and all, but it has to be said!

Trending threads

Latest news

T+A expands E-Series with PA 1100E integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins unveils new PX wireless ANC headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku Premiere streaming device with 4K HDR hits UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
CTA launches 8K UHD TV display certification programme