Drums - your most satisfying drumming songs?

I also agree with all the tracks mentioned so far but these are the ones i come back to time and again (although not so much i've memorised the pattern and can play on performance mode - wow Dr Evilest you are a legend:thumbsup:)

I don't know about that...... my wife & kids think I'm extremely sad!
I'm glad somebody out there appreciates my efforts.:smashin:

There are some songs I have to play every time I boot up Rock Band.

Those are:
Learn to Fly
Dani California
More than a Feeling.

I can even 4 star Dani California in performance mode (ie no note chart) I've played it so much.

I can even 4 star Dani California in performance mode (ie no note chart) I've played it so much.

playing on performance mode is impressive. dont think id be able to do that. I tried it once on self esteem and failed miserably. i know the chart but cant seem to get the timing right if the chart isnt there. that and the fact that i spend too much time watching the animations

Had a christmas day session with mates, a variety of skill levels, and a great party game. Quite enjoyed playing Dani California, but our bassist kept failing on Medium...

It's always interesting paying songs which you wouldn't normally pick, but due to accommodating everyone's tastes, but thought i'd just mention the fun of drumming still lives on - Merry Holidays my fellow Rock Banders! :thumbsup:

i love at the gates and imo its the hardest song on rb

havent got that one. Just looked at the chart thinking "i might buy that if its fun"

Holy :censored: I would certainly agree that is the hardest song in the game. Needless to say, I didnt buy it. I simply dont have the stamina to pass something that insane.

My favourite song to play at the moment is Rock Your Socks.

i love at the gates and imo its the hardest song on rb

Blinded by Fear is an example of where the Hard Chart is more fun to play than the Expert one. However most of the Mayhem pack, Burn and Prequel to the Sequel are all harder to pass. There is a trick how to pass it easily on Expert and get four stars - Play it like the Hard chart, making sure you get all the reds and pedal and ignore most of the yellows. My usual completion percentage is about 75%!

Had a go on the Slipknot tracks on hard drums last night and have to say the Psychosocial track is tricky but fantastic fun to play. I can see this rapidly become one of my go to tracks. :smashin:

Just as an aside, whatever happened to Tufty McTavish (the thread starter)? He was a massive fan of the GH/RB games however hasn't been online (here) since August....

Just as an aside, whatever happened to Tufty McTavish (the thread starter)? He was a massive fan of the GH/RB games however hasn't been online (here) since August....

He's still very active on RockBand, but not very active on AVF anymore, not sure why, maybe he found a better forum :eek: or you know real life became more important ;)

He's still very active on RockBand, but not very active on AVF anymore, not sure why, maybe he found a better forum :eek: or you know real life became more important ;)

The last part would have made sense if he wasn't 'very' active on RB. ;) It's a shame as he championed quite a lot of the rhythm games on AVF.

Glad nothing sinister has happened to him though. :)

Had a go on the Slipknot tracks on hard drums last night and have to say the Psychosocial track is tricky but fantastic fun to play. I can see this rapidly become one of my go to tracks. :smashin:

only metal ones i dont own as i dont like the new stuff

would love some wait and bleed or something from the 1st album

only metal ones i dont own as i dont like the new stuff

would love some wait and bleed or something from the 1st album

It may be worth you checking out the charting for these tracks on Youtube as they are pretty good. One of the Slipknot ones I cant even complete on hard, but with practice I should get through it.

As an aside and getting back on topic, I played the Wolfmother Cosmic Egg album downloadable content and they are cracking (excuse the pun!!) on hard drums. Well worth a look if you havent tried them. Very catchy with great rhythm that gets you bouncing up and down as you play!

Just as a a total contrast to all the tracks mentioned recently, i just played 'Can't Let Go' by Lucinda Williams on drums and found it great fun with some unusual patterns.

So, if y'all ever fancy a little break from the metal, might be worth a download! ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom