Drowned 3330 keypad

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by eviljohn2, May 14, 2004.

1. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Yesterday my Mum managed to spill a tiny amount of tea on her Nokia 3330, however, having dried it out none of the keys seem to work.

When I reinserted the battery it flashed to life for a few seconds but then gave up. Is it going to be easily repairable or should she just look at a new handset?

2. dert

dert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like the small amount of tea has penetrated through to the circuit board. I may just be the tea has made the keys sticky, but the fact you say >>>it flashed to life for a few seconds but then gave up<<< would indicate major fluid damage and not just a small amount of tea.

It may be possible to resurect it from the dead, however, unless you have the right kit it's hit and miss. Those that have the kit will usually charge about £20 to try to repair it and then it may still not work.

I would suggest, put it on ebay as water/fluid damaged and get whatever you can for it. The problem with nokia's is they really don't like fluids on them and unless you can dismantle it straight away they begin to corrode like an old Mk3 cortina when shown a glass of water