• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Droptank Nosecone for a Sub Enclosure..?

Robs Ears

Established Member
Hi.

Following on from my "missile nosecone", Ive stumbled across an aircraft droptank nosecone and started rubbing my chin. However, as much as Im fine with building things like this, Im a bit lost with what drivers to look at, what power to use or whether this is at all a sensible idea.
So I came here to ask you guys. Apols for the vagueness re volume or any other details, Im yet to get my hands on the cone.
What would you use/swap with the following gear?

Aluminium nosecone with approximately 80-100L. (Id like it to be a sealed enclosure and realise ballast would need adding).
EP2500 (one channel available)
Behringer Feedback Destroyer
Behringer Super X Pro

The crossover was/is for use with a stereo set up rather than an AV amplifier. I mentioned it just to get all and any ideas as Im not too sure whether Id want to use this, and/or the missile cone, with my cinema setup or the second stereo in another room.

Any thoughts on drivers and if so, would the spare EP2500 channel be sufficient for an enclosure of this sort of size?

Any help is much appreciated. :)

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
whats your budget for the driver.

Robs Ears

Established Member
I was hoping to keep it around £150-200, not sure if thats possible? I could do more, just depends on how an upcoming house move and cinema room build goes.
Im not after making the worlds greatest daft woofer, but I do want any money and effort to be worthwhile.
Ive updated my sig below to show my current equipment to give you an idea of where my ears/wallet are at.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom