1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dropped my "Sony NW-HD3"

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Deasyb, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Deasyb

Deasyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dropped my Sony NW-HD3 today and all I get now is a the "Walkman" screen and a continuous beeping from the unit. Has anyone else encountered this problem and if you have how you corrected the problem.

2. Wykey

Wykey
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From a non technical point of view, it simply sounds like the hard disk has knackered.

I'd suggest taking it back and if there's no obvious drop damage (ie dents or scratches) then the diagnosis may be player failure.

Seeing as it's a pretty sophisticated bit of electronic gadgetry, I'd say it's fairly reasonable to imagine dropping it may well break it.

3. micaab

micaab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    i did the same a few months back, dropped it onto a wooden floor while i was transferring tracks ontto it and the HD3 suffered HDD damage which meant that some tracks didn't play and sometimes the player hung.

took in for repair and it came back the same. took it in again and it came back the same.

at this point i demanded my money back and went and got a HD5 :thumbsup:

AB.

4. aaron1cool

aaron1cool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well it says it has impact damage protection from 1 metre. So it shouldn't break. I dropped my HD1 from about 10 cm and it corrupted some files. Now because of taking my Music off my laptop I am in the process of putting it all back on. 7000 songs!!! Anyway enough of my story- Take it BACK!!!!!

Good luck