Dropped ceiling / ceiling box

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by davidegee, Jul 26, 2018.

1. davidegee

davidegee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +353
    Hi folks,

I'm planning on overhauling my living room soon, including building a stud wall to hide the tv and cables.

I'm also hoping on building a couple of ceiling boxes to house some spots and LED rope.

I was planning on using wooden stud work for both of these but am now thinking metal would be better (lighter, less mess, less chance of injury).

I'm fine with the stud wall, that should be simple enough. The ceiling boxes I'm struggling to figure out the fixings for.

This is the type of result i'm hoping for
    Потолок с подсветкой
    . It looks like he's used the plasterboard as an integral part of the structure, which i'm not sure about..

I've been looking here Metal Stud Wall & Ceiling Partitioning | BuildingMaterials.co.uk for supplies.

Does anyone have any tips as to what I should be buying, how best to attach it to the ceiling, or general words of wisdom!

Thanks in advance

2. CableGuy

CableGuy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +417
    Hi David,

I built mine with a timber frame and sheets of MDF. I built it with room for LED downlights and the colour changeable LED ribbons.

Here's a link to that part of the built. Hasn't changed, warped or fallen down in 18 months... ;-)

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,

Dan