1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dropped audio frames on Pinnacle

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Dr.Rock, Oct 27, 2002.

1. Dr.Rock

Dr.Rock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Using Pinnacle Deluxe on PII-450 computer. Problem is when I capture footage via DV link, picture is fine but at times the audio is dropped. It would go slient for about a quarter a second. Each time I recapture, it happens but at different points of the captured movie, so I know it's nothing to do with the DV original recording.

Any ideas why this is so? Hard disks set ro DMA enabled as recomended. I use KillEmAll software to disable any background-running crap that might slow my system down.

Thanks.

2. onzey

onzey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dr.Rock

I know this is a fairly old thread but did you ever find a solution to this audio dropout problem? I have a similar problem but believe it to be a camera fault. Was your camera a Panasonic NV-DS38 by any chance or something similar?

Cheers

3. Dr.Rock

Dr.Rock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Yes, it was the Panasonic NV-DS38.

4. onzey

onzey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for reply and welcome to the club! Have a look at the new thread here when I start it called "Audio dropouts from Panasonic cameras". You may be interested. I assume you still have the problem if you still have the camera?