Dropped audio frames on Pinnacle

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Dr.Rock, Oct 27, 2002.

1. Dr.Rock

Dr.Rock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Using Pinnacle Deluxe on PII-450 computer. Problem is when I capture footage via DV link, picture is fine but at times the audio is dropped. It would go slient for about a quarter a second. Each time I recapture, it happens but at different points of the captured movie, so I know it's nothing to do with the DV original recording.

Any ideas why this is so? Hard disks set ro DMA enabled as recomended. I use KillEmAll software to disable any background-running crap that might slow my system down.

Thanks.

2. onzey

onzey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dr.Rock

I know this is a fairly old thread but did you ever find a solution to this audio dropout problem? I have a similar problem but believe it to be a camera fault. Was your camera a Panasonic NV-DS38 by any chance or something similar?

Cheers

3. Dr.Rock

Dr.Rock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Yes, it was the Panasonic NV-DS38.

4. onzey

onzey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for reply and welcome to the club! Have a look at the new thread here when I start it called "Audio dropouts from Panasonic cameras". You may be interested. I assume you still have the problem if you still have the camera?