Dropped a clanger with Easy Jet Flight Booking

ufo550

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We booked flight & return with Easy Jet for next year, but somehow managed to get the dates wrong :facepalm:

We booked via an agent. Because of covid you can't speak to these people via phone, but raised a ticket with the agents. We still want to fly, but on the revised dates. However reading the T&C's, the flights are non refundable, and they will only consider altering them, in but the most of extreme personnel circumstances. Which I suppose being a ******** isn't one of them.

Anyone been in these circumstances, and can share their experiences?

Who is the travel agent?

And what types of tickets - non refundable?

Have you asked the agent yet? They might be non-refundable, but that doesn't always mean non-amendable (for a fee).

I did a similar thing just this week when booking a hotel for a colleague on Hotels.com.
I meant to book him in for Tuesday this week but when he went to check in I had somehow booked him in for September. I had chosen the cheapest non refundable price, with no amendments.

Got onto Hotels.com online chat last night, admitted my mistake and asked if there was anything I could do. Even changing the booking to my name would have been ok. The representative told me to contact the hotel directly, but I said I'd already done that and they referred me back to the booking agent. I was asked to hold while they contacted the hotel and a couple of minutes later they came back to say all done, booking has been cancelled, and my refund will show on my card within 7 days.

I was surprised but very pleased with the outcome and how easy it was.

I did a similar thing just this week when booking a hotel for a colleague on Hotels.com.
I meant to book him in for Tuesday this week but when he went to check in I had somehow booked him in for September. I had chosen the cheapest non refundable price, with no amendments.

Got onto Hotels.com online chat last night, admitted my mistake and asked if there was anything I could do. Even changing the booking to my name would have been ok. The representative told me to contact the hotel directly, but I said I'd already done that and they referred me back to the booking agent. I was asked to hold while they contacted the hotel and a couple of minutes later they came back to say all done, booking has been cancelled, and my refund will show on my card within 7 days.

I was surprised but very pleased with the outcome and how easy it was.
Travel Republic don't have that facility right now, I think because of covid etc. I'll just have to endure.

Send an online message, I’ve used travel republic a lot and they have been pretty good at responding and sorting things

I sent a customer support message Friday morning. Wify has been monitoring Easyjet web site, and seats are disappearing fast for the dates we need, family event.

Will wait a few more days, but might have to take the hit and just book some more flights. Nightmare.

You can't ring them, only send an online message. I was hoping someone could put me out of my misery, before next week, when they are due to reply by.

They are still advertising a telephone contact during CV - they just not answering?

How quickly did you notify them?
I don’t know about EJ but BA will allow cancellation within 24hrs of booking I believe (probably because the websites can sometimes confuse people into booking wrong dates/times)

I think if I was you I‘d go ahead and book the flights you need and then try for the refund after. If they won’t give you a refund you might be able to squeeze vouchers out of them for another time

How quickly did you notify them?
I don’t know about EJ but BA will allow cancellation within 24hrs of booking I believe (probably because the websites can sometimes confuse people into booking wrong dates/times)

I think if I was you I‘d go ahead and book the flights you need and then try for the refund after. If they won’t give you a refund you might be able to squeeze vouchers out of them for another time

36hrs before we realised our mistake.

Its just at the moment, with the situation, you can't actually speak to anyone to get advise on what you can & can't do, to make that decision. The tickets are over a thousand pounds. But we can't miss the event. Would normally plough ahead & just get some more flights, with correct date this time! But the wife doesn't really like flying, and I think Easy Jet vouchers only last one year.

36hrs before we realised our mistake.

Its just at the moment, with the situation, you can't actually speak to anyone to get advise on what you can & can't do, to make that decision. The tickets are over a thousand pounds. But we can't miss the event. Would normally plough ahead & just get some more flights, with correct date this time! But the wife doesn't really like flying, and I think Easy Jet vouchers only last one year.
Look at it this way - if they refuse to move the flights and refuse the refund, what will you do? From what you have said, you will rebook in any case as you can't miss the event, so rebooking now, whilst you can takes away some of pressure on time. Yes, it's a risk but so is not getting the flights you want.

Which would you rather take the chance on - missing out on the event or losing out on the cash?

Look at it this way - if they refuse to move the flights and refuse the refund, what will you do? From what you have said, you will rebook in any case as you can't miss the event, so rebooking now, whilst you can takes away some of pressure on time. Yes, it's a risk but so is not getting the flights you want.

Which would you rather take the chance on - missing out on the event or losing out on the cash?

I know your right, but I'm going to wait for a few days. BA have some flights, albeit a bit more money, so I think they'll be there for a bit.

I know your right, but I'm going to wait for a few days. BA have some flights, albeit a bit more money, so I think they'll be there for a bit.
What happened?

Why did you book through a travel agent?
According to this page there is no charge to change and you can do it online (although not sure you can if booked through an agent).

What happened?

Travel Republic contacted us on the last day of their contact policy, and amended the dates for a small admin fee.
As an aside, the pervious cancelled (COVID) flights with Easy Jet, have still not been refunded by them. I made a Section 75 claim to my credit card company; they've refunded the funds to my account.

Why did you book through a travel agent?
According to this page there is no charge to change and you can do it online (although not sure you can if booked through an agent).

It was just easier to find flights to a particular destination, having used TR before. But I take your point.

Travel Republic contacted us on the last day of their contact policy, and amended the dates for a small admin fee.
As an aside, the pervious cancelled (COVID) flights with Easy Jet, have still not been refunded by them. I made a Section 75 claim to my credit card company; they've refunded the funds to my account.
Glad it worked out ok

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom