• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Drop what you are doing and prepare for the rapture!

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
According to Harold Camping, the rapture is coming on Saturday.
Camping has gained recent notoriety due to his prediction that the Christian Rapture will take place on May 21, 2011[29][30] and that the end of the world will take place five months later on October 21, 2011.[31] Followers of Camping claim that around 200 million people (approximately 3% of the world's population) will be raptured.
What is 'the rapture'?
The Rapture is a reference to the being caught up of 1 Thessalonians 4:17 when in the end times Christians will be gathered together in the air to meet Christ.

So are *you* prepared for the rapture? If not, according to Harold Camping and doubtless (tens of) thousands of Christians, you only have 5 months to live!!

I'll let you figure out how to prepare.
In the mean time, it's worth bearing in mind, this is Harold Camping's *revised* prediction. His last predicted date of the rapture was September 6th, 1994. Maybe there is the slightest chance that us un-prepared are not doomed?...

AVF Jay

Banned
What a load of rubbish.

Although after the whole bin laden thing, I wouldn't be surprised if the end of the world does happen while we are alive with a massive world war that destroys us all

Steven

Senior Moderator
That's still a week away

johntheexpat

Distinguished Member
Blimey, 97% of us fail to make the grade. Still at least we have 5 months in which us bad boys and girls can party til we drop, with no nagging and tutting and finger wagging from the hairshirt moral majority to bug us.

I think I'll start partying right now.

:arty: :arty:

shodan

Distinguished Member
I've already got plans for the 21st May and 21st October so if we could postpone to another more convenient date for the end of the world...

jp_bl_68

Prominent Member
So are *you* prepared for the rapture? If not, according to Harold Camping and doubtless (tens of) thousands of Christians, you only have 5 months to live!!
Ha! Take that Student Loans Company! :D

It was my understanding that the non-believers will be left on earth to fight demons (according to an episode of American Dad!) which sounds pretty cool to me.

Sonic67

Banned
If the end of the world is finally here shouldn't we all be having sex or something?

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
yeah right, world aint ending 9 days before my birthday.

captainarchive

Distinguished Member
Some of these christian fundamentalists have actually been actively trying to bring about the end of the world. During the cold war they supported US politicians who advocated a first strike nuclear policy against the Soviets. They are supporters Israel because they hope the conflict between muslims and jews might bring about armageddon and the end of the world. Imagine how excited they got after 9/11.

travid

Distinguished Member
I will inform all Travidians of this immediately !!

:laugh:

If I go camping I'm more prepared for the rupture, than the rapture. Those mountain walks are strenuous. :D

peebly

Established Member
I remember watching a video on youtube where this crack pot religious person said the world would end in two weeks time.

Years later the world is still here.

BISHI

Distinguished Member
This is the exact kind of religious prediction I was railing about in the 'relevance of the bible' thread.
Science produces theories that make predictions that can be tested and proven.

Religion makes predictions that never come to pass - but the ever faithful have that get out clause ' oops I miss calculated.'

See you all on October 22nd for definite...:thumbsup:

Strawbs

Established Member
This is the exact kind of religious prediction I was railing about in the 'relevance of the bible' thread.
Science produces theories that make predictions that can be tested and proven.

Religion makes predictions that never come to pass - but the ever faithful have that get out clause ' oops I miss calculated.'

See you all on October 22nd for definite...:thumbsup:
scientifically proven, like the existence of black holes and it's effects, warp conduits, parallel universes and that holy grail of the scientifically proven yet not proven THE BIG BANG = which turned into a GENTLE REBOUND? :laugh:

fwiw: the Friday after Friday 13th has always been a bit of a bad luck day for me, and ever the sceptic I expect to be raptured minutes before my numbers come up on Euromillions. :(

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom