Drop in sky picture quality

woppy101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed an apparent drop in picture quality over the last week or so? It's almost like a cut in bitrate across the board has happened which has resulted in a very noisy picture.

It does look rather poor to me.

Has anyone else noticed an apparent drop in picture quality over the last week or so? It's almost like a cut in bitrate across the board has happened which has resulted in a very noisy picture.
I was watching the football friendlies tonight and thought the PQ was awful.

I saw your post on sky community. Others blaming your box! Crazy.
if he's having to reboot at least once a week because it's freezing, then there's something very wrong with the box, cabling or LNB. Have seen a few reports of poor signal strength confusing the boxes and causing them to lock up - could be the case for his too.

@woppy101 what have Sky tried to fix it?

Nothing yet as I didn’t want to lose my recordings, compared to streaming services though sky’s quality has dipped lately, TBH though I think some people are blind to drops in quality

See the quality’s shocking again on ITV (so-called)HD

See the quality’s shocking again on ITV (so-called)HD
That's nothing to do with Sky then - they only provide an EPG slot. ITV deal with their own encoding, uplink and transmission.

Sky giving consumers what they want yet again.....absolute joke!

Ultra HD not much better

Sky are not giving the niche 100k subscribers what they want . The other 990000 subscribers watching in vivid mode could give a monkey's

HD is so bad on sky. I have an a90j and the pq is awful. Posters have told me it's the source which I guess it is.

As well as dodgy bit-rates on Sky, the other thing which boils my piss are the sped up 24fps US dramas where they don't pitch-shift the audio. Compare a Sky version of Mare of Easttown for example with a native 24fps stream via VPN from the USA and the Sky version is like Alvin and the Chipmunks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom