1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drooling ? Me ? So What ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Mad Max, Nov 4, 2000.

1. Mad Max

Mad Max

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone...

You might be wondering what this is about... Well, It's about me waiting to receive a new Receiver. I ordered it about 1.5 months ago, and they told me it would only arrive in the middle of November. I importer just told me that it will arrive on the 10th.
    Even if I don't beleive him (Things in Portugal are NEVER on time), he's got me drooling enough for me to come to a quiet place to be able to sream without disturbing anyone ! (I know you guys understand me !)AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ah, feel much better now [​IMG] By the way, It's an Onkyo TX-DS787. Of course, as soon as the order was in, I heard about the Denon 3801... Damn, if I knew, I would have thought twice... Does anybody have any tests on the 787 ? The Denon has excelent reviews, but I can't seem to find any on the Onkyo.

I need one of two things:
    1) Being reassured that I made the right choice.
    or
    2) Knowing that the Denon is better, and hope the ONkyo is late ! This way, I can argue that because it's late, I want something else.

Thanks for your help ! I want DTS !!! I live daily with Dolby Surround, and since I auditioned DTS, my system is missing something...

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

Thanks

Rui

------------------
    An adult is just a kid with expensive toys.

Rui

2. simonsez

simonsez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Rui, I know you probably don't want to hear this but.....I went to a home theater expo this weekend and listened to the 3801 and was blown away....especially for the price. I even liked it better than the....gulp...Onkyo 989. Of course the Dennon 5800 was spectacular, but who would have guessed that Dennon coud make the 3801 competitive for so little money. And yes both receivers were hooked up to Monitor Audio silver series speakers. They were in different rooms, but the size was similar.

3. ThunderSUB

ThunderSUB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

This one is for Mad Max...

I am also Portuguese and bought a Denon AVC-A10SE. The amp is great with both music and films. I had to wait for a month... so I understand what you are feeling !

Do you know anyone in Portugal who can convert a Sony DVP-S7700 to multi-region ?

Thanks !

------------------
    Claudio Subtil
    Lisbon, Portugal
    http://drive.to/thundersub

4. Mad Max

Mad Max

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Claudio...

I'll check with my sources, and get back to you if I find something...

Siminsez.... Well, I guess I'll never do anything right [​IMG] Might get lucky, and if the Onkyo doesn't arrive in the next 2 weeks, will make them get the Denon instead [​IMG] Anyway, I'm sure i'll be happy with the Onkyo [​IMG])

Have a good one.

Rui

------------------

Rui

5. Mad Max

Mad Max

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Figuring not all of you guys speak portuguese, I answered Thundersub by e-mail. If anybody else is interested, just Scream [​IMG]

Max

------------------

Rui