Question Drones direct selling counterfeit DJI drones and no refund

Discussion in 'Drone Forum' started by twisterteddy, Aug 14, 2019.

1. twisterteddy

twisterteddy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I am absolutely infuriated that drones direct sold me a DJI mavic drone combo pack with faulty and counterfeit batteries. They clearly listed and sold as brand new however from the packaging it seems that the pack was altered before shipping (I have pictures to prove).

When I contacted to complain, their appalling customer service first forced me to contact DJI for a replacement. They clearly don't respect or understand Consumer Contracts Regulations. After many calls and complains I somehow managed to explain that THEY sold me a faulty item and they are responsible for a return for a full refund and that's the LAW and end of.

Finally they received my return item more than 2 weeks ago and since then I have been following up and hearing a number of excuses such as (warehouse too busy, we didn't approve your return, only batteries are faulty why don't I want just batteries replaced, it can take up-to 30 days to process refund, manager will call back and discuss etc etc ). I have call notes from each of the call.

In my experience they clearly don't want to give me a refund now that the return item is with them I am getting really worried that I've been conned by a company openly trading out there.

I paid using credit card and have opened credit card chargeback request however the process is slow and tedious.

Not only I would like to get my money back but I would like to report drones direct to police and law enforcement agencies as having done some research I'm not the only victim out there. They are defrauding customer out in the open and still allowed to operate.

Any suggestions welcome.

2. rickyt

rickyt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    Just put it down to experience . This is the risk everyone takes when buying over the internet especially from company's you have never heard of before or were not recommended. I've bought many drones from the Chinese sites . This is even more of a risk ,items can get lost , stolen or even damaged or could be counterfeit goods and you have no chance of a solution.
    I read the reviews on Trustpilot regarding Drones Direct . You have to research companys nowadays before parting with your money. I have bought Yuneek batteries from them and noticed the site read free delivery on items over £100.When I asked about this on the phone they told me it only applied to certain postcodes. I had to pay extra for postage . I would not use them again because of this.
    Report the company to Trading Standards to start with.

3. twisterteddy

twisterteddy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5

Thanks, definitely going to spread the word as much as possible and report to the trading standards to begin with.

4. geeWcee

geeWcee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Sounds very strange as Drones Direct are a UK partner of DJI, and only sell UK stock. Was this an ebay purchase or through their website? I'm interested to know as their prices are generally cheaper than elsewhere and I'm currently looking for my next drone.