Drone WiFi connection

Themoog56

Had a HolyStone HS720e for a week. I have a Huawei P10lite which I have had connected to the drone a few times but mostly it won’t. Neither will 3 iPhones or an iPad...
The apple products just say ‘unable to connect to..’ but I don’t know why or what that means. On the Huawei WiFi list the drone hardly shows up. It did today but the app said no connection and there was no fpv.
I have flown the drone three times and every time it’s been a total faff trying to get a connection- switching on / off several times etc. The previous drone I had (which crashed - see previous posts) connected in an instant with no problem.
Anyone got any ideas..

rickyt

I've heard many people using new phones......mainly new operating systems have had problems using there drones . I'm using old phones , Ipad mini, Samsung tab, Samsung Edge 7 and another Samsung phone but I have old drones. Have you tried older phones?

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Not sure where you’ve heard that 🤷🏼‍♂️ , for instance dgi fly won’t work with 32 bit android or anything below iPad mini 4 reliably ....

Themoog56

All the phones have the WiFi 802.11 (or whatever it is) compatibility. I have been in touch with HolyStone and they confirm my Huawei should work ok.
Most of the time when I switch the drone on and scan, the signal is just not visible. And that is on all the devices.
There must be a WiFi issue from the drone so I’m going to return it as it’s useless otherwise.
I need a confidence inspiring product...
I’m trying to get hold of a Fimi X8 2020. Possibly. Reviews are promising and it’s not as expensive as the equivalent dji.
Opinions...

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
A mate has the fimi, it seems ok , definitely not upto dji standards though , what about the mini 2 , I personally know 2 people that are very happy with theirs .....

Themoog56

Well I had the HolyStone flying today. It took a couple of attempts to get the WiFi connected but other than that ok. It flew for 25 minutes on a battery too..
Later I thought I would try the iPhone and low and behold it linked no problem.
I’m torn now. I may use it for a while and see.
The Fimi is a bit tricky to get hold of at the moment as far as I can tell.

Nachoboyz

Novice Member
Well I had the HolyStone flying today. It took a couple of attempts to get the WiFi connected but other than that ok. It flew for 25 minutes on a battery too..
Later I thought I would try the iPhone and low and behold it linked no problem.
I’m torn now. I may use it for a while and see.
The Fimi is a bit tricky to get hold of at the moment as far as I can tell.
Dear friend. I had the same problem. Losing images with the drone. But it resulted that The wifi connection has to have dual band. 802.11 b/n/g/a/ac, especailly the "ac" which is 5G.. Check the Samsung for its specification. The iphone sinds the iPhone 5 has them all.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES '22 TV Announcement Round-up, Plus, Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom