DRONE camera sensors - IS A BIGGER CAMERA BETTER? Phantom 4 Pro vs Mavic Air 2

Flakey1977

Standard Member
Reaction score
Head to head between the 1 inch sensor on the Phantom 4 Pro & the 1/2 inch sensor on the Mavic Air 2. What's the difference between the images and what's the best bang for buck?

Be interesting to watch , what I do know is that the MA2 sensor is excellent !!!!!
F7EBBD76-B7E8-4A2E-A553-A4ECE2399DF4.jpeg

Last edited:
That makes me want to flog all my 9 drones and buy something decent like the MA2.

It might be ..Goodby Disco, Bebop, Mantis, Xiaomi MI, Detect , Flying 3D, Blade 350 QX and a load of other Dodo birds!

For stills absolutely, being able to pull around two stops out of the shadows and highlights on the M2P's 1in sensor makes it a fantastic tool for landscapes where dynamic range is a challenge and small sensors don't offer much you can pull back in the raw files:

i-rMRgN74-X2.png

DD6F8F29-1906-4AC2-97DD-B67418574956.jpeg

I think if you can achieve this with the MA2 then you have no need for a larger sensor 👍

Still shots are fine, but a larger sensor/ filters comes into play more with video. People often like to do post work with stills to bring out what the camera does not. With video you are not able to doctor up as much as things are moving (Camera or even the subject).
This is a short clip with my M2P checking out a friends Autel EVO II 6k.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom