1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DrMH30-Poor input Feed

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Dan M, Jul 31, 2004.

1. Dan M

Dan M
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Is my setup wrong. I have the JVC fed to my Hitachi Plasma by component. The sky+ is connected to the JVC by scart.

Playing dvd's looks fantastic. Watching anything on sky looks fuzzy. I have tried bypassing the JVC and this results in a great picture. I notice on setting up the JVC the input can be either video or s-video. But the manual shows the same option screen but also includes scart and rgb.

I know this is very centred around people with a similar setup. But please help. Is it that the jvc has a poor input feed (i know it doesnt take rgb), but the PQ is poor.

2. mike72

mike72
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Dan

I am waiting for delivery of a DR-MH30, and I am aware that is doesn´t take rgb input, but I have understood that if the source can output s-video the PQ should be as good in practice.

I refuse to believe that the picture should look fuzzy with a s-video feed if everything is setup correctly.

When you get it to work I would very much like to know what you think of the Sky s-video PQ.

As far as I can read from the manual the L-2 select should be set to "S-VIDEO" or "SAT S-VIDEO" (default is "VIDEO").

Regarding the option screen in the manual: Isn´t it the L-1 Output that lists a "SCART RGB" option ?

Regards Mike72

3. Dan M

Dan M
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I also notice that the picture looks out of place when viewing sky. The top section is cut, e.g. on sky news you can see part of the top of the picture is cropped. Today it also starting doing strange things, such as rebooting itself for no reason :nono: (might need to go back to the shop)