1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drmes20 In Plain Brown Box?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by johndad, Oct 12, 2005.

1. johndad

johndad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I orderded a drmes20 from Littlewoods as it was 10% off and pay next September. When it arrived it was in plain brown box which I thought a bit odd as Panny boxes usually quite bold. After tuning in I went to put a disc in and found a very scratched verbatim dvd+rw(?) in the drawer with several recording on. Phoned Littlewoods who have sent another machine today but again in brown box. Any ideas if these have been back to panasonic for mods? They did have Panasonic tape on them, Thanks
    p.s. No disc in second one.

2. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    If its their ex catalogue stores then nearly everything came in plain boxes. (same as Argos). If it had a disc in it then it appears that its a machine somebody purchased and took back again for refund. You wouldn't have Panasonic sending out machines with discs in them.

3. eternaldark

eternaldark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Sound like they may have been returns and then sealed up and resold to me, if there any indication they have already been used? ie cables not in their plastic bags, batteries for the remote missing etc. I'd keep returning them until they send out one in the proper panasonic packaging or buy elsewhere. Sure you could get a good deal off the internet rather than a catalogue :)

4. johndad

johndad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ROYOLD and ETERNALDARK, remote etc do not look used, bats sealed etc but second one did not have point of sale banner on the top of it like the first one, both of them seem to work really well and I really like the machine. I think I will sleep on it and maybe send this one back and order from Currys etc, I do like to think that I have got a brand new machine! Thanks

5. Stuart P

Stuart P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    yeah certainly get a replacement....but DO NOT get from currys. plenty of decent suppliers out there. you searched the net?

6. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    try www.richersounds.com, not sure if they do that model, but they might, and they will be difficult to beat on price.......or even sevenoaks hifi, i picked up a DRMES10 from one of their shops today, they price matched it to £160 which was the cheapest i saw it elsewhere, and bunged on a scart cable at knockdown price :)

oh, and it was brand new in box...lol

(oh yeah, and he gave me a free DVD-RAM disc...heh)

7. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
  8. squirrelz

squirrelz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my DMR ES20D from Richer Sounds - managed to batter them down to £199 by price matching with prc direct (who had it at £208 with some free blank disks).

9. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    ??? Granted people have problems with Curry's but i have never had a problem with their online system. They even upgraded my Sony FS76U to a Sony HQ100 FOC when it failed!! (NOT their fault).