1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DRME85 - RGB Through Am I missing something ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by CJTheBrave, Jan 7, 2005.

1. CJTheBrave

Standard Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi - new here - would appreciate some advice :lease:

I have just purchased a Pana DRME85 and connected it to my Pana TV using RGB out of DVD and RGB input of TV.

I have a Freeview box outputting RGB to the DVD RGB input.

Now - I can watch Freeview via RGB through the DVD to the TV (with the DVD either on or off) until I come to record a terrestrial channel.

Once the DVD is recording, I can only watch the channel being recorded via RGB, if I want to watch a Freeview channel, I need a second scart connected to the TV direct from the Freeview box. This then only gives me S-Video quality. :(

Am I missing something ? Even on the oldest VCR's there was a TV/VCR button on the handset switching the scarts together to bypass whatever the device was recording (unless it was recording from the AV input of course)

Why does the DRME85 not have this feature available - there must be a technical reason ?

In your hands - any ideas?

:) Thanks :)