DRM free music bought from itunes - how do I transfer to W995

dr_mabuse

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I recently took up apple's offer to convert my purchased library in itunes to DRM free itunes plus tracks, which according to them, means I can now put those tracks on any portable device as I see fit without rights restrictions.

So, I did a google search and came up with burning an audio CD from a playlist, then copying it to local HD and using any available freeware to convert to .mp3 files.

This resulted in files my W995 could see and import successfully via the MediaGo software, but none of the track text came through - MediaGo just saw the folder containing the mp3 files as Unknown Album - Track 1, Unknown Album - Track 2 etc etc.

How do I preserve Artist and Title text info so that when I add files to MediaGo, the info is preserved?

Do I have to convert to .mp3? Is there a better audio format i should look into? I couldn't find a list anywhere in my manual for the W995 of supported audio formats.

Can anyone shed any light on how to preserve Artitst and Title info on tracks that MediaGo can import and copy to my W995?

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom