DRM-BWT720 config issues + usage?

thedoc735

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! :hiya:

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum category? :blush:

I just got this machine. :D

I am used to using an old Sony Trinitron WEGA CRT telly and VHS recorder!

So, this new digital thing is quite a steep learning curve for me!

Please be patient - thank you!

The Panasonic DMR-BWT720 is wirelessly connected to my PC and internet. It appears on the full network map (but cannot be ‘placed within the map'?), it also shows in the network window (under media devices, & other devices?) but doesn't show up in the ‘devices and printers' window of MS Windows 7? :confused:

The same is true of my Samsung UE40ES6540 TV except that it is ‘placed within the map' and does show in the ‘devices and printers' window? :confused:

The DMR-BWT720 frequently disappears off the map altogether and the UE40ES6540 TV occasionally disappears off the map altogether? I have to physically go to these devices and interact with them through pressing buttons on the respective remotes (i.e. on/off etc.) before they will reappear on the map? :confused:

Can someone please explain why this is happening? Is it normal or is it not configured properly? :confused:

These are both operating through a standard Windows 7 PC & Billion 7800N (all in one) router. Everything has the latest firmware.

Now the bit that really shows how ‘new' I am to all this networked stuff! :confused:

What am I supposed to be able to transmit:

From my PC to the DMR-BWT720?

To my PC from the DMR-BWT720?

From my PC to the UE40ES6540 TV?

To my PC from the UE40ES6540 TV?

Very grateful for Info. /advice offered. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Can only speak for the Panasonic.
It needs to be switched on (not standy) to see it.

You can copy from the 720 to your PC but not vice versa. SD content only, no HD.

You can view 720 recordings on your pc and depending on the format, the 720 will allow you view video/photos that are on your pc..

You can't copy recordings through windows explorer, need to do so through a media player such as XBMC, VLC or Mediamonkey. All are free and discussed elsewhere on this forum. I find XBMC the easiest. They can be viewed with Windows Media Player but not copied.

Doesn't appear under devices and printers for me either.

So your first test should be to see if you can view a recording under WMP. You should see the 720 machine under "other libraries". This will test your network setup.

...thanx for the info!

when you record on the HDD:

what is the format used (e.g. vob/avi etc )?

if you copy a recording to a DVD disc, will it play on other machines and PC?

Can the recordings be edited to remove adverts etc?

cheers!

:clap:

...thanx for the info!

when you record on the HDD:

what is the format used (e.g. vob/avi etc )?

if you copy a recording to a DVD disc, will it play on other machines and PC?

Can the recordings be edited to remove adverts etc?

cheers!

:clap:

The video format is MPEG2 for SD titles and MPEG4 for HD.

A DVD, once finalised, becomes playable elsewhere.
Finalising renders it as a standard DVD Video... just like a commercial DVD.

Yes - the recordings can be edited prior to copying, by using the partial delete method, or by chapter editing. (Recommended).

The video format is MPEG2 for SD titles and MPEG4 for HD.

A DVD, once finalised, becomes playable elsewhere.
Finalising renders it as a standard DVD Video... just like a commercial DVD.

Yes - the recordings can be edited prior to copying, by using the partial delete method, or by chapter editing. (Recommended).

Thank you for the information, grately appreciated!

:smashin:

in the direct navigation, can more 'tabs' be added to the 'prog.type'?

e.g.

thriller
music
science
documentary

thanx

in the direct navigation, can more 'tabs' be added to the 'prog.type'?

e.g.

thriller
music
science
documentary

thanx

No. What you see is what you get.

if you record a film that has been recorded as say 2 parts/2 halves (not in a series) and you then create a group for these 2 parts, is there a way to join/merge these 2 parts together to form one long film?

i.e. can you join/merge 'grouped items' together?

thanx!

Last edited:
if you record a film that has been recorded as say 2 parts/2 halves (not in a series) and you then create a group for these 2 parts, is there a way to join/merge these 2 parts together to form one long film?

i.e. can you join/merge 'grouped items' together?

thanx!

Unfortunately not.

There used to be a workaround on pre-Bluray machines that allowed you to do this which involved creating a playlist of the two parts - bouncing this losslessly to a DVD-RAM disc, where it would arrive as a single title....then bouncing it back to the hard drive, again losslessly.

But they have done away with Playlist creation on these machines... and if the material happens to be HD, it wont shift to DVD RAM anyway.

when I go to the windows media player (in MS windows 7) and click on Panasonic DMR-BWT720-videos (folder) I get this message:
"the remote media library did not allow the connection. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information."

Anyone know how to fix this please?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom