Driving myself insane trying to set audio delay for Sky HD

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by dscott21, Feb 8, 2009.

1. dscott21

dscott21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi guys,

Does anyone know what the 'perfect' audio delay settings are to cure the lipsync issues on the new Samsung Sky HD Boxes.

I've been driving myself insane messing around with the audio delay settings on my Onkyo TX-SR875 AV amp, and also the optical delay settings on the Sky box itself. I reach a point when I can't decide if the audio is front or behind (or is it the picture ?!?!)

The Sky HD box is connected directly to the amp via HDMI for video and via optical for the audio, this is then fed to my TV which is Sony KDL-40W2000.

Anyone with a similar setup managed to find the 'perfect' settings?

Does anyone think, that the lipsync issues vary dependant on the channel perhaps?

Thanks.

2. chilipepper195

chilipepper195

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    It drives me insane as well. It's a fault of the Sky box - not the Onkyo and is a very common fault (see the Sky HD forums).

I think its not just down to the channel you are watching but also what program it is on that channel. I just end up having to set it individually for each channel. Thankfully I mainly watch sports so I'm not too worried about delays but I do spend the first few minutes of 24 every week tweaking it. I've personally found that for that I have 0ms set on the Sky Box and about 120ms on the Onkyo.

3. Grangey.

Grangey.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +886
    I havnt touched the Onkyo settings and just set sky at 120 aswell i think. I personally wouldnt recommed changing settings on both the onkyo and the sky box as to me that sounds like technologies fighting eachother, just set it on either 1 or the other.