• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Driving Licence Entitlements .....

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
...... can anyone help me out of my confusion !!!!

I have Cat D entitlement on my licence which according to this link entitles me to drive any Bus over 16 seats or whatever it says , does that mean i can drive a manual bus as i passed in an automatic , i have a manual car licence though so does that entitle me to drive a manual bus , now you may see why i am confused :laugh:

Last edited:

Saldawop

Distinguished Member
...... can anyone help me out of my confusion !!!!

I have Cat D entitlement on my licence which according to this link entitles me to drive any Bus over 16 seats or whatever it says , does that mean i can drive a manual bus as i passed in an automatic , i have a manual car licence though so does that entitle me to drive a manual bus , now you may see why i am confused :laugh:

Doesnt it mention a code somewhere near the Cat D section? Im sure there should be if you are only entitled to drive an auto?Quick google mentions Code 72 but thats from a few years back so it may be different now?
What about Class 2 LGV?Have you taken a test for that?If so,your bus license would be upgraded to Cat D , meaning you can drive a manual bus even if you took the test in an auto.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom