• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Driving at the best speed counts - A LOT

johntheexpat

Distinguished Member
Interesting stuff !
There was some discussion here a while ago, between njp and I can't remember who, about acceleration. The question was should you accelerate hard so that you reach optimum speed a soon as you can? A tricky one to answer. But this lot seem to think 'no'.

As for the NOx graph, well why use two graphs when you can recycle the same one twice. :rotfl:

Corey USA

I can think of advantages of low speeds in the area of trade. The huge amount of time it takes to travel long distance at lower speeds would make it more cost effective for companies to be local and not half way around the world where the gas miles piles on.

In big business time is money, you force them to slow their travel down then they will think more locally to avoid time wasting. things are produced locally as a result which leads to more stable over all economy the All the eggs in one basket applies here. Spread it out to be more stable.

Personal travel people will think twice before driving long distance if they have to do it in twice the time than driving at higher speeds........ 10hour drive I would not tolerate but a 5 or 6 hours then I would consider driving it when I would not have wasted the energy at all if I drove the 10 hours.....

Take away the short travel times and people think twice before driving.....

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom