Question Driving 4 ohm speakers

rccarguy

Unless I've missed it, you are unable to do line level high pass, as you will be sending speakers and sub full range.

Icbm-1 is basically what a avr does with bass management, but analogue domain.

It helps subwoofer integration also in a hifi

MaryWhitehouse

Doesn't seem like anything other than another crossover in the signal path? I wouldn't put anything between the pre and power. With two sets of pre out just use that, no need for a crossover at that point.

rccarguy

Doesn't seem like anything other than another crossover in the signal path? I wouldn't put anything between the pre and power. With two sets of pre out just use that, no need for a crossover at that point.

Be aware as frequency drops so does impedance so harder load on the amp.

Like I said it's useful, and I couldn't tell the difference in loss of sound quality..plus have in hand 20-160hz setting for speakers/sub.

Some outlaw stereo amps have the same feature, built in.

I used outlaw for awhile and still have it

DT79

Well that worked better than ever. Sure could go lower with a bigger sub driver but other than that very happy.
Just tried that track as suggested by @Orobas - quite right, that gives the subs a real workout!

Try Man with the Movie Camera from Every Day by Cinematic Orchestra if you like your bass.

MaryWhitehouse

Just tried that track as suggested by @Orobas - quite right, that gives the subs a real workout!

Try Man with the Movie Camera from Every Day by Cinematic Orchestra if you like your bass.

Ta will look for that later.

DT79

MaryWhitehouse

MaryWhitehouse

That’s great really enjoyed that. Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J/A80J OLED details, Best type of Amplification, Film & TV Show News + Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom