Driveclub VR

Not played Driveclub for a couple of weeks as I sold my Ps4 before the Pro come out.
Fired it up again today and it does appear a little smoother to me and the visuals seem a bit sharper. Had a lovely session, forgot how good this was.

Hmmmm. Battlefield1 or DCVR tonight?

It's a tough call. :/

Gt sport released a statement last week that it's not really supporting vr for racing, just looking at the cars or something

It's dead to me then unfortunately as, though I'm not normally a fan of racing games, I was looking forward to playing GT on VR.

are we sure it has been patched for the PRO? mine still claims to be V1.01 - Includes a number of minor bug fixes, performance improvements and usability tweaks... doesn't read much to me like a PS PRO patch!

are we sure it has been patched for the PRO? mine still claims to be V1.01 - Includes a number of minor bug fixes, performance improvements and usability tweaks... doesn't read much to me like a PS PRO patch!
Whether it has been patched or not it certainly looks clearer and plays smoother on the pro over the original ps4 from what I've played

Does it necessarily need to have been patched to be enhanced for the pro? Pro dev kits have been in the wild for some time, and it's very possible that support was designed in to VR games from V1.0. BF1 is a good example of this; no explicit patch yet, but better performance on the Pro.

That's a fair point... I guess I was just hoping for a bit more oompfh from the pro

I still haven't been accepted into the team/clan on dcvr

Not sure how much use this video is, but I just uploaded it for you:

Awesome finish mate! Are you using your wheel or pad to play?
Pad last night pal, I left the drs open on the mclaren P1 and I knew it was going to slide into that corner, I don't have all the cars unlocked at the minute and the guy I was racing for top spots acceleration was ridiculous, could only keep up through the corners

What's your psn id? Add me and I'll invite you for some races when I'm on, mine is furyhobnob with one R, I misspelt it when first signing up!
Screenshot 2016-11-17 19.55.27.png

Ive read that the Pro gave a small improvement on DC but I've only got the demo and never really noticed much when I tried it on the pro.
Is it more noticeable on the full game?

I played it on the Pro today for the first time, and it was definitely a bit clearer, but the graphics are still low res so it's not a big difference.

Pad last night pal, I left the drs open on the mclaren P1 and I knew it was going to slide into that corner, I don't have all the cars unlocked at the minute and the guy I was racing for top spots acceleration was ridiculous, could only keep up through the corners
Nice, I can't say i've ever seen that bend taken like that before, but it was a sweet move lol.
I'm determined to master the wheel and manual gears on DCVR. After 100's of hours on OG DC using the pad with chase-cam and auto gears it's going to take a bit of getting up to speed (literally!). The brake pedal on my T100 setup was causing me problems so I pulled the trigger on the T300 Alcantera setup with the T3PA pedals yesterday. Should be delivered later today.
I can't believe how much i've spent in the past 4 weeks.. So far i've splashed out on a PSVR, PS4Pro, Playseat Challenge and now a new wheel setup :eek:. Oh well, it's only money :)

I played it on the Pro today for the first time, and it was definitely a bit clearer, but the graphics are still low res so it's not a big difference.
I didn't notice a massive difference on the Pro at first either. After a few hours playing though, I definitely noticed that the view in the mirrors was much clearer. Also I felt much less eye strain playing it on the pro. After 20 mins on my old PS4 i'd start to feel a bit of a headache coming on, no such issues on the pro. I think we all were hoping for a bigger improvement with the pro that we got, but I for one am just happy we have a VR racing game at all.

I agree. Although I didn't notice much difference, there was still a difference, and small differences can add up over time.

I'm sure that future VR titles, which have clear PRO enhancements will show a greater disparity between old and new generation

Just picked this up. Let me know your psn names and I will add you. Mine is the same as my forum name SFBanks.

I could not find any multiplayer events when I was on earlier. Is there an issue with the multiplayer?

Just picked this up. Let me know your psn names and I will add you. Mine is the same as my forum name SFBanks.

I could not find any multiplayer events when I was on earlier. Is there an issue with the multiplayer?
I'll be on in half hour if you want to send me a friend request and want a few races , psn id is furyhobnob
Edit, just added you

T3PA pedals
Take the base off and swap the springs over for the clutch and accelerator pedals. Much better feel for the accelerator then and only takes 10 minutes.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom