1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drive

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by General Skanky, Aug 17, 2000.

1. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Sorry if I upset anyone with this, but following the response to the Romeo Must Die thread, I also watched Drive. How bad?
    I will never ever say it's any good at all.
    I actually fell asleep in the film! Sorry to anyone that enjoyed it but I thought it was terrible. The action was silly rather than good, ie, spinning off the side of a ship and disappearing into thin air! The Matrix by comparison (in HCC) was meant to be a touch sci-fi and not the drivel as was Drive.
    What happened at the end then?

------------------

Douch!!......Wot's da madder, da CIA got you pushing too many penzils?

2. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    I would certainly never get upset because someone liked or disliked a film ...
    I borrowed Drive from a friend who was raving about it and as I like the Bruce Lee type "no brainers" he thought I'd enjoy it and call me Mr Sad but I DID! ... I wasn't expecting much and the story isn't going to kill too many brain cells but the action was top notch ... My son watched it the day after he'd seen MI2 and said it p!ssed all over that (during which he says he almost fell asleep waiting for something to happen) ...
    Thank god we can all have our own opinions !!

------------------
    "Hi my names Paul and I'm a dvdaholic ..."

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You cant compare Drive to Matrix. Drive is an action comedy in the style of Jacke Chan whereas Matrix...erm...isnt.

Personally I like both films. Matrix is a better film from the storyline point of view, although it is much better the second time you watch it, but the martial arts choreography is much much better in Drive.

As a die hard Jackie Chan Fan (at least before he did his US stuff) I can appreciate Mark Dacascos as a big future martial arts star.