Drive 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Last edited:
Great review, cheers Cas. Looks like I will be picking this up at some point after all :)

Perhaps I'm on my own on this but I really don't like that limited packaging!

Awesome review, awesome film, can't wait to upgrade my old Blu Ray and have the new Atmos track thudding away.

Looking forward to mine arriving

£55 pushing it for one film, but then again I buy One Click Boxsets at triple the price

So good to hear it’s worth the 4K upgrade at least.

Thanks cas, brilliant movie can't wait to see it in Dv and Atmos,have it pre ordered so hopefully not too long.

One of the few Gosling films that I really like, but not to the tune of £70 :eek:
I'll probably upgrade once there's a cheaper release.

It's a relief to hear that the disc has come out looking so well, really looking forward to seeing it.

One of the few Gosling films that I really like, but not to the tune of £70 :eek:
I'll probably upgrade once there's a cheaper release.
Errr its £55 and there's already a standard release!

Thanks Cas! Great review and everything that I wanted to hear with mine on the way! Drive is easily one of my favourite films of the last 20 years and I'm just glad its finally got the disc and set it deserves. Now... will I be able to fit in my UK/US/French discs into that box as well (for all the different extras that aren't included) ? :)

Really great review,! I have such a love/hate relationship with this film but, frustrations aside, your write up is making this 4k version almost impossible to resist. Damn it...

Cracking film and great synth wave soundtrack will pick this up at some point need to kerb the spending haha who am I kidding

Great film. I have the jacket. Yes, that jacket. And I look awesome in it.

Great film. I have the jacket. Yes, that jacket. And I look awesome in it.
I'm laughing but I shouldn't really. I bought the same boots Gosling wore in Blade Runner 2049 just...uh because! :D

Hmmm, I have this on DVD when my mother, bless her, bought a wack of films for me from a charity shop and dumped on them me. They looked awful and I hid them away, but reading this review made me dig them out to check that Drive (2011) was really with them...

Clearly I have to watch it after a review like this, but do I try the DVD or have my first experience on 4k? I figure a good film is a good film irrespective of picture quality but bad sound can be a killer for me.

Hmmm, I have this on DVD when my mother, bless her, bought a wack of films for me from a charity shop and dumped on them me. They looked awful and I hid them away, but reading this review made me dig them out to check that Drive (2011) was really with them...

Clearly I have to watch it after a review like this, but do I try the DVD or have my first experience on 4k? I figure a good film is a good film irrespective of picture quality but bad sound can be a killer for me.
It's £2.99 to buy on Apple/iTunes right now. Not the 4K version yet, but probably will be in a week or two. Maybe a good compromise for anyone who just wants to watch the film at a decent quality without dumping a load of cash on it.

As above, the 4K digital option would be far superior to a DVD.

Also, I just added a competition...

Win a Limited Edition Box Set of Drive on 4K Ultra HD

As above, the 4K digital option would be far superior to a DVD.

Also, I just added a competition...

Win a Limited Edition Box Set of Drive on 4K Ultra HD
Cheers but I don't touch anything Apple.... not going to defend that opinion, just each to their own!
That said... to be honest I've not enjoyed streaming any film, it just doesn't compare with the disc feeling!

Of course I could get the Bluray for less than £2.99 second hand... but thinking about it Alien, Aliens, Brazil, Repo Man and many now favourites I first watched on a 12" TV screen in mono many years ago and the manner of seeing them didn't stop me loving them, so if Drive is for me I'll likely know from the DVD.

//edit will enter the comp though ;-)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom