Drift Achievement - 100k on single lap - help please?

Dubious

Hi guys, the drift acheivement where you have to earn 100k on a single lap is proving a right pain in the ****, can anyone help me out with it? I've tried a couple of cars/setups on the Fujumi Kaido full circuit and max I got was just over 50k, its getting boring now, I know when I finish the game I will have all the acheivments bar this one:facepalm: anyone have time to help me please?

GMC79

Distinguished Member
If your struggling to get over 50k then be prepared that you may never get it, Luckily I managed to get it on only my 2nd lap in a Subaru 22b but it is tricky and you gonna need to tune a car well and be quite decent at it to get it..
Easier on the tight twisty stuff to use an AWD car gives u more control imo.
If u add me as friend id be happy to tweak any car you have or put a setup up on SF for you, however this is still all personal preference and still may not suit you.
But in the end it's just one lousy 5G achieve, not the end of the world if you dont get it.

Mr Noble

Distinguished Member
I kept getting around the 89K mark in my Bugatti Veyron :eek:, There was an excellent drift tuning setup on the Forza Marketplace came highly Rated , I decided to give up on Forza 3 and sold it will lend a mates copy though as this is one of those games that has to be 1000 edededed :rotfl:

Pebb

Distinguished Member
I have finally unlocked this achievement, but what I did was the following:

Used Rewind
Downloaded a Free Drift Tune
Got angry a lot :eek:

Dubious

GMC79 was a great help, applied his setup to the subaru and had 4 runs between 89k and 93k then on the 5th run I unlocked the achievment :arty:

chuckles1001

Standard Member
I still cant get it, i have tried with the veyron, and my datsun and have a lot of other good cars but i have never been into the drifting in these games, but feel i have to get this achivment :(

Dubious

I still cant get it, i have tried with the veyron, and my datsun and have a lot of other good cars but i have never been into the drifting in these games, but feel i have to get this achivment :(

How many points did you manage to get when you tried? Read what GMC79 has posted, I couldn't of got this achievement without his advice :smashin:

chuckles1001

Standard Member
How many points did you manage to get when you tried? Read what GMC79 has posted, I couldn't of got this achievement without his advice :smashin:

If your struggling to get over 50k then be prepared that you may never get it, Luckily I managed to get it on only my 2nd lap in a Subaru 22b but it is tricky and you gonna need to tune a car well and be quite decent at it to get it..
Easier on the tight twisty stuff to use an AWD car gives u more control imo.
If u add me as friend id be happy to tweak any car you have or put a setup up on SF for you, however this is still all personal preference and still may not suit you.
But in the end it's just one lousy 5G achieve, not the end of the world if you dont get it.

I might have to try that then, TBH i got a rubbish score 40k but like i said i have never done the drifting and play a lot better just doing the racing lol Cheers guys

jammieeeee

I just looked at this thread and realised i didn't have the drift lap achievement.

I went on the storefront, search subaru and drift, bought a tune for 3k that looked good, applied it to a ken block painted impreza (the new hatchback one) and it cost me 123K.

It took me one lap of Fujimi to get the 100k, i used the earlier advice in the thread to rewind, the 9.30.00 lap took me about 15 mins and i got the acheivement.

This is not going to be the last time i go drifting! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

GMC79

Distinguished Member
I just looked at this thread and realised i didn't have the drift lap achievement.

I went on the storefront, search subaru and drift, bought a tune for 3k that looked good, applied it to a ken block painted impreza (the new hatchback one) and it cost me 123K.

It took me one lap of Fujimi to get the 100k, i used the earlier advice in the thread to rewind, the 9.30.00 lap took me about 15 mins and i got the acheivement.

This is not going to be the last time i go drifting! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

There is a drift section online, pretty cool try it. :smashin:
However for some reason they leave nost of the best tracks out. Only has a selection of 10 or so it cycles thru. Stupid all the best tracks like sidewinder and other benchmark tracks are left out. :rolleyes:

jammieeeee

There is a drift section online, pretty cool try it. :smashin:
However for some reason they leave nost of the best tracks out. Only has a selection of 10 or so it cycles thru. Stupid all the best tracks like sidewinder and other benchmark tracks are left out. :rolleyes:

After forza 2, i HATE the sidewinder tracks, not played them once since i got forza 3!

GMC79

Distinguished Member
lol, the're the best tracks, drifting wise anyway, tight twisty stuff is what u want most real life tracks not so good for it.

rolphy1983

Standard Member
i had the same trouble as most with this achievement, i got it using the following;

BMW M3 the 1980's version i think its the E30,
tuned it up to be an S class,Kept it as a FR
left everything as it was installed, but reduced the Diff lock to pretty much 0 on both options.
To drift, come to a corner in 2nd gear, tap throttle,(enough to get the back end to step out) counter steer and then feather the throttle to control it, took a while to get used to but one done its pretty easy to do, (Rewind button helped a lot on this one) i also found having the camera view outside the car as far back as possible helped alot too.

astar0th

Distinguished Member
Excuse my ignorance, but are there specific drift races? and drag races? Or do you get these drifts on normal races?

Apologies but i'm just running through career made atm! :rolleyes:

Kinetic Frenzy

no you can get the drift achievements at any time, playing single player, career or even online i think.

you simply start drifting and do so with enough style to accumulate 100k in a single lap.

astar0th

Distinguished Member
no you can get the drift achievements at any time, playing single player, career or even online i think.

you simply start drifting and do so with enough style to accumulate 100k in a single lap.

Cheers mate! How do you know what drift score you got?

I'll have to attempt this at some point.......

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom