1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DRH Slimline

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Scotty12, May 11, 2004.

1. Scotty12

Scotty12
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondering if anybody else has a problem with their DRH Slimline?.

I have just put mine up and it seems that it does not retract properly.
    After managing to get the thing to go up in one go, the left hand side of the screen hangs down about an 2". Could this be the way that I have mounted it to the ceiling?, has anybody else experienced this?.

Don't get me wrong, I love the screen and great customer services from DRH Screens, but I am a bit dissapointed if this is not down to an error on my fixing.

2. Mr Screen

Mr Screen
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Sorry to hear your not to happy with your screen we aim to provide the very best service and if a customer is not happy we like to get the problem fixed feel free to give me a call and i would be happy to sought the problem out for you.

Cheers

Andrew H

3. Scotty12

Scotty12
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Andrew,
    Thanks for the reply. I will say that it's not that I am unhappy with the screen, far from it. I just didn't like the way that it retracts. It seems that it is a bit tempremental. Sometimes it will retract all the way up, and sometimes the left hand side drops down. I can live with it, I was just wondering if anybody else had any problems with there screen. It seems not.

I am sorry if I gave the impression I was unhappy, I am not. I would also like to thank Peter at DRH, for helping me. I orginally ordered a screen and then decided it was too small. So Peter arranged for me to come and exchange it for the bigger one from your premises.:smashin:

Thanks again.....

Simon.

4. MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I am having a problem with my DHR screen as well, the thing is I cannot get it to retract up !”!$^!£ there is not a problem with the screen as my friend can do it every time ? There just seems to be a knack to it that I cannot get.

Can anyone explain how to do it, as this is driving me mad, I can not seem to get it un catch without caching in the next locking part ?

This is what it says on the site but I cannot do it !!! what am I doing wrong.

“merely pull down the screen to the required height and lock. When you have finished, a downward tug will release a catch and you simply guide the screen back in to its casing”

Steve

5. Otto

Otto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Hi Steve,

As you say: some people get it straightaway, some just don't.
    The same mechanism that prevents screens from rolling in too fast, sometimes works too well for some people.

Some things that might help:
    1. After you pull the screen down a few centimeters from its last position, push the screen upwards rather than just releasing it. You should help/guide the screen up.
    2. Make sure you have enough speed when rolling in the screen. The system works on the basis of centrifugal force, so you need enough speed to push the little hammer (which blocks the screen) outwards. A change or decrease in speed lets the hammer fall inwards, thus blocking the system.

Other than this, practice makes perfect and ask your friend to show it a couple more times.

Good luck,

Otto

6. MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi Otto,
    Thanks for the tips I will have to give it a try, my “friend” is taking a lot of pleasure from the fact he can do it and I can not.

So I will have to just spend some time perfecting my technique and slap the friend :laugh:

Steve

7. MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi,
    Yay I seem to be getting it, that advice was most useful as I think I was not making it go up fast enough, so I can do it in to goes now which it a lot better then 30 mins :smashin:

Thanks for all the help :clap: :rotfl:

Steve