DRH screens

nero0410

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have been looking at these:

http://www.drhscreens.co.uk/slimline.html

The 231x173 viewable area (241 altogether) £178

I have been advised to ask in here (due to more people posting in here) if this screen would give a fairly good result, on a very tight budget, with the panny ae200??

As I would like to order one for me and one for my father this afternoon, and we both have the same projector??

Does anyone have any screen shots with their panny ae200 with this screen too??

EDIT: Do these have 'fixed' fixing brackets, or can the brackets slide up and down the casing?? Just wondered bout this one

I would apprciate any respondance

cheers :smashin:

tris

Hi

The DRH are excellent value for money and you would have to pay a considerable ammount more £££ to realisticly see more/better. The mounting brackets are fixed but can be either wall or ceiling mounted and they are very unobtrusive.
I think you will be more than impressed with the screen. I feel more competition is needed in this field/area as too many companies are milking the pj screen scene for way more than its worth. You pay big bucks for a marginally improved picture and prestige IMO.

Rgds

CH

Thank you very much for your advice. My father and myself both think it would be a good choice so we went through and ordered this afternoon.

I gave DRH a ring this morning and asked if they can accept a solo card from natwest for payment, and they said that they could, even though it isnt a visa/mastercard etc....

So I went to the bank and put some money in and ordered them over the phone this afternoon.

He was very polite and told me that they would dispatch them both tomorrow, and that they would be delivered this wednesday.

I will keep you informed as to how my expierences go, so though everything seems fine at the moment. The bloke I spoke to seemed very nice, polite and helpful.

tris

Sorry kramer, I only posted this in the DLP & LCD projectors thread to see if I got any more replies, as not many people seem to reply on this part of the forum.

Hope you understood that, I didnt very much I'm half asleep :) have to get some later

tris

Quick update. I have just been on the phone to DRH and they have said that they will be dispatching the screens around 3pm today.

I will post again at about 15:15-15-30 to confirm dispatch (for delivery tomorrow).

Dealing with a chap called Peter, he is a very nice and helpful man.

tris

Just to relate about my experience with DRH Screens. I gave them a call on Monday morning, for the 203 image width (£158) and it turned up this morning (Tuesday)at 8:30... Well impressed. :clap:

Didn't check the screen yet but looking forward to tonight :)

Will let you know how it looks.

Just to echo the voice of popular opinion about DRH, I ordered a screen on Friday afternoon after the despatch cut off time, the sent it Monday instead and its been sitting by my desk since 9AM this morning (Tuesday). Excellent service, hope the screen is as good as everyone says!

Matt

Ok, thanks guys. Definately sounds very good.

Cant wait to get mine in the morning then.

cheers

tris

All being well, my screens coming today :clap: .

I will let you know when it arrives :)

tris

I set up mine last night. Very happy with the overall setup so far (panny ae700 + drh screen) although I still have to work on dvd source and audio.

I had a go with a couple of DVDs and I guess I need to do some experiment to get the best out of the setup.

Both screens received, will fix up this afternoon (after asking the missus to take my daughter over her mates for a few hours). But first I must walk about a mile to take my old mans screen over to him, he has a very nice nursing home manager.

Will try to post pics later

tris

dinoprada2003 said:
Do the DRH screens come with the screws you need to wall mount it with?

Nope they dont. No problem though I just used normal wood screws. Drilled my holes in to the walls, banged my wallplugs in after measurements for the keyholes (using the holes not the keyholes) then hung it up and used a pen to dot the holes I need to drill for the normal holes, took it down hanged it up again then put the next two screws in.

Will be covering up the screen casing and mess I made from ripping the curtain holding wood thingy down.

Will post pics tomorrow hopefully to show all what I mean

Off to watch AVP region 3 version now, as it came through the other day. I was waiting for my 'proper' screen to watch it on. Although I've already seen it at the cinema

tris

No but 4 x 1.5" No8s for wall mount is fine.
4 x 1" No8s for mounting direct to wood.
Would recommend brolly/plasterboard/drylining bits/screws for ceiling mount.
If you have a lathe and plaster ceiling then place a wooden batten either above ceiling level or along the length of the screen, then mount screen to this.

CH

nero0410 said:
Both screens received, will fix up this afternoon (after asking the missus to take my daughter over her mates for a few hours). But first I must walk about a mile to take my old mans screen over to him, he has a very nice nursing home manager.

Will try to post pics later

tris
Do the DRH screens come with the screws you need to wall mount it with?

nero0410 said:
Nope they dont. No problem though I just used normal wood screws. Drilled my holes in to the walls, banged my wallplugs in after measurements for the keyholes (using the holes not the keyholes) then hung it up and used a pen to dot the holes I need to drill for the normal holes, took it down hanged it up again then put the next two screws in.
no

Cheddies said:
Thank's Nero and cool hand, Have just ordered my 145x81 16:9
which should be with me by friday. :thumbsup:

Just finished watching AVP, screen is extrodinary over blackout, card, painted wall etc....DRH highly recommended for their screens and customer service.

Pics asap

tris

Moved pictures into dlp and lcd projectors 'show me yours thread'

tris

Got my DRH screen last week and am quite pleased with it,for £105 it's a steal! Customer service was very friendly and helpfull, Only "complaint" I have is it's a pain in the A**E! to slide the screen back into it's housing.You have to hold it toward you at various angles and pull up and down to get it to roll back, also it's starting to curl at the edges where the black edging is.However this is not a problem as long as it doesent curl all the way to the viewing area? I do leave my screen out all the time though so dont know if this is contributing to it's curling? :confused:

Hi

Ordered a slimline electric with remote monday before xmas - arrived tuesday.

Nothing but praise for DRH, incredibly helpful.

Much better than my Draper Luma manual - ripples all over, DRH is flat and gives a great pic.

Gus

dinoprada2003 said:
it's starting to curl at the edges where the black edging is.However this is not a problem as long as it doesent curl all the way to the viewing area? I do leave my screen out all the time though so dont know if this is contributing to it's curling? :confused:

Mine also has a curl to the black edging, but after several months of use the viewing area hasn't a hint of curl or ripple, so I'd say you'll be fine. I tend to leave mine down most of the time also. I think its probably just down to the edging material used.

Fantastic screen for the money - once you get 'the knack' needed to get it to go back up again!

Mine 231x130 DRH manual pull down arrived this morning....will have to stay boxed up until all the building work is finished but I am more than impressed with how quick it arrived.

Whyshirley said:
Fantastic screen for the money - once you get 'the knack' needed to get it to go back up again!

Amen to that...........:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom