1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DRH Screens

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by explicitlyrics, Sep 27, 2004.

1. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Getting hold of them, Ive tried ringing about 6 times now and everytime there is nobody there. Tried midday today, morning on friday, 5pm today, saturday afternoon and 12pm saurday and sunday. Getting ridiculous, is the number on their website old or something?

Thanks

2. Techno

Techno
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I called them on the number on their website last week and was answered first time and very helpful 'older?!?' chap dealt with my query. Emailed them yesterday to ask if screen had been despatched on Friday and had reply this morning - screen also waiting for me at home:clap:

3. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    hmmm, do you know their opening times then?
    thanks again

4. maxiboy

maxiboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I phoned them yesterday and got through first time, it was about 4.00. Again very helpful.

5. Dear Mr Echo

Dear Mr Echo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Same here - called to check stock at about 2.00pm Friday. Answered quickly, got the info and ordered online. Screen arrived first thing yesterday morning. Excellent service.

I guess standard office hours should catch them open.

6. Techno

Techno
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Email seems to get quick reply too.

I mailed them late last night and got a response at 7.15 this morning!

7. Braveheart

Braveheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also was surprised that email reply was at 7.15am. As to ringing them at 12 on saturday you must of just missed them as they are only open til 12 on a sat. You would not have been able to get hold of them sun, because they were closed.
    When I rang them, Peter Kwiatkowski answered immediatly and was familiar with my order from my emails. I was impressed. :thumbsup:
    So as sugested above try office hours. :cool:

8. mojomanic

mojomanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered a slimline 240 online on thurs. last. Phoned this morning at 11 am to check delivery, call answered straight away and told it should be here tomorrow.Can't wait!!

9. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    ok, i didnt have a chance to ring today so just gave up and placed the order...
    Maybe some1 else can answer my questions.... If the actual screen does develop a ripple will they replace it? I dont mind the black border but if there are bumps in the screen I will not be a happy bunny! :p
    Thanks again for all the replies :)

10. Claude

Claude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sorry to say that I don't know the answer to your question but I would like to share an opinion of mine. Large ripples are clearly unacceptable and ought to be rectified by DRH or any other supplier for that matter. I do feel,however, that one can become a little obsessive about minor technicalities and in so doing lose touch with the passion for the films we orginally bought the equipment for in the first place. I have minor ripples in my DRH screen. I notice them when daylight coming through my curtains hits the screen at an angle but when viewing a film they disappear. I hear alot of people complaining about fan noise but I do wonder how interested they are in the fims they are watching to notice. As an ex audiophile I have fallen victim to this anally retentive fanatisism but managed to let go of it and enjoy music again before turning into a total geek.

Please understand that I am not in any way suggesting that you or any one else exploring AV issues is 'a geek' I simply want to name and pay hommage to the wonderfully enchanting mediam of film and the joy of getting lost in it, vertical banding or no vertical banding! :lesson:

Love to all.

11. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Completely agree, just i saw somebody elses screen (a draper i think it was) on this forum a few days ago and it was as choppy as the North Sea!!!
    Seeing if I would get stuck in that situation...
    Thanks