1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DRH Screen retraction VERY difficult

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Fjorko, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Fjorko

Fjorko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    HI Guys

I got my 6ft DRH yesterday. had a friend mount it for me, but i am having a right struggle to get the thing to retract completely... :mad:

I have 90cm of Black drop on top, and it seems to have been "Glued" to the standard 6ft screen ( you can feel and see it on the back ) ;)

Now i have read that you need to TUG it down firmly and follow it up at a good rate, but with all this tugging, can the screen not tear on this joint after a few tugs ! ??? Maybe Mr. Screen can comment here ! :confused:

What are you using to fix the Large black drop to the screen ? If it's glue, will it withstand all this tugging to get the screen to retract. I'm almost to scared to tug too hard in case the two pieces of fabric come away from each other. :eek:

2. Mr Screen

Mr Screen
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Fkorko

The screen can be pulled very firmly indeed it is joined with a speacial tape its not an ordenary tape you could hang on it and it would not come off though best not to do that thats how strong it is.The only way the ends might get damaged is if you let the screen go with both hand thats not a good idea.

Remember you dont have to be to gental with it its more robust than you think.

Cheers

Mr Screen

3. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    I have to say Im very pleased with my screen purchase from DRH, yes the retraction can be a bit fiddly, but you'll soon get the hang of it, only slight gripe I have is that the black borders on the side started to curl, however the actual viewable white screen is perfect, which is far more important. Good service and great prices from DRH, highly recommended.

4. Fjorko

Fjorko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hi

Dont get me wrong, i think it's an excellent screen, just the retration seems to be a bit of a mission, but, today i tried a few times and i seem to get the hang of it now!!

Cheers

5. Benrudd1

Benrudd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Hi,
    It does seem to ease up after a while and gets easier to release. (or you just get the hang of it :) )

If you're worried about the glue joint, don't! I've accidently let mine go twice now, after the tug to get it to release. Makes a heck of a bang when it hits the top :blush: .

Still no sign of damage on the top join though.

6. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd be more concerned about warping the bottom "slat" bar...............could result in ripples :eek: