1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

drh screen and lmp mount for ae500

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mickey, May 16, 2004.

1. mickey

mickey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    hi, just purchased a ae500 from a very nice guy on thes forums, But am now in a bit of a quandary as to the screen and mount. I have 3 questions about
    a drh 7ft slimline screen and lmp mount for my ae500..

1... I want the viewable screen to be at a reasonable height
    I:E not at the top of the ceiling so I dont get neckache looking up at it to much, so if the screen was fitted to the ceiling which is 8ft high when i extend the screen out would the actual viewable part of the screen be able to be at a distance from ceiling of about 36cm.

2... ! want to buy the 7ft screen even though for now i will be setting it up with a 6ft picture can i temporarily just mask off the extra screen to the sides with some black material.

3..I want to get an lmp mount to fix the pj to the ceiling, if
    the top of the viewable screen is 36cm from the ceiling does that then mean I nead a mount length of 36 cm to get the pj to line up at the top of the screen without the need for any keystone correction..
    T.I.A Mike

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure what drop (if any) DRH screens & the model you're considering have. Might be worth a visit to their site for further information.

The AE500 sits slightly under the (top) of the viewable screen area (6/7/8") so if the top (viewable) of the screen was 36cm from the ceiling, your PJ would be approx. 15-20cm from the ceiling.

:smoke:

3. mickey

mickey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    hi, just a quick update , received my screen from drh and it,s worth every penny 7ft 16.9 slimline screen for £158 a bargain, i dont have a problem getting it back in either . lmp mount was easy to install as well ,they make a great combo. watched the cup final today in all its 7ft glory . smashin!!! :clap: :smashin: :thumbsup:

4. Mr Screen

Mr Screen
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

5. krusty

krusty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mickey im useing a blackout blind as a screen and im probably gonna get the screen your using . it looks good value? will i get a good improvement with the drh screen compared to the roller blinds that are getting passed off as screens

6. mickey

mickey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    hi, If I were you I would buy a proper screen, I also tried a blackout blind and found it ok but when my screen arrived it was a different world, much brighter and sharper image , the blackout blind is now used for exactly its own purpose A Blackout blind .I can watch football during the day with no more light control than closing the curtains. and it also looks much better as well.