DRH High gain material no more ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dfield2000, Dec 23, 2003.

1. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi,
    I'm building my own screen and decided to get the High Gain material from DRH - this appeared to be in the middle of their other two products - cheaper that the High Colour stuff, and slightly more expensive than the standard Mat White.

I thought the High Gain is what most people recommend as it is about 1:1.2 gain - but when I phoned to order it the chappie said that he doesn't do the High Gain anymore - just the Mat White or High Colour.

He said that 99% of the screens they sell are all Mat White and this stuff would be fine - so I've ordered it - but thinking about it now, am I loosing out on performace from this 1:1 stuff - would I see a benefit by getting a higher gain material ?

I'll be running a Z1 when it arrives.
    Ta.

2. WeirdFish

WeirdFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Matte white is wot you need for a LCD PJ anyway so don't worry.

I've got a DRH screen in that material and its excellent with my Z2. Theres some screen shots here if your interested.

:)

3. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Cheers man. Another one of my 'worries' put to bed.

Far too many decisions to be made with this projector lark - I'm constantly thinking I've made the wrong decision about something.

Ta.

P.S. those screenshots look great.