DRH electric screen

smartiepants

Established Member
Reaction score
Just ordered my electric screen frm DRH after reading good reports from this forum
I have ordered a 4x3 screen & will try to use the relay from my projector to trigger the lowering & raising of the screen
here's the problem
can i lower the screen & stop it to fit 16x9 when i want to watch 16 x 9 movies & then drop it again to fit 4x3 to watch my 4x3 dvds
the only reason i went for a 4x3 screen is that lots of my DVDs are 4x3 & don't want to compromise & butcher the image down to 16 x 9
I am planing to mask the top of the screen when viewing 16x9 but cannot mask the bottom so the obvious answer would be to stop the screen when at the right level
can this be done
The guy from DRH tells me i can raise, lower & stop at dirrerent heights with the switch but can i do it with a relay????

I guess you can..I too have just ordered one, again electric. I am told that it has two microswitches so that it can stop at "any desired position" [I guess only one though]

The instructions mention the switches to ensure fully home and fully open.

I have no idea how you thus set them up for the desired position.

Clues anyone...do I have to go inside confused:

YOU WOULD HAVE TO MOVE YOUR PJ EVERYTIME YOU CHANGED ASPECT RATIO .. SO NO I DONT SEE HOW THIS WOULD WORK

Originally posted by rob12770
YOU WOULD HAVE TO MOVE YOUR PJ EVERYTIME YOU CHANGED ASPECT RATIO .. SO NO I DONT SEE HOW THIS WOULD WORK
Hi
it really depends were you projector is placed.the best bet is to go for a 4:3 screen if you are viewing both 16:9 and 4:3 films.

Andrew H

I think a few people have misunderstood the question

I have a 4 x 3 screen but when i view a 16 x 9 dvd would like to raise the screen up to eliminate the black bar at the bottom of the screen, I can do this with the rocker switch supplied but asked if this can be done electronically ( so i don't have to get off my lazy butt!!!!!) with the relay switch on my projector

Originally posted by Mr Screen
cool so you are a lazy butt too :smashin:

then i have to work out how to get the DVDs out of the case & into the Player from the sitting position :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom