Dreams

I've seen that people have been recreating games using 'Dreams' that are pretty much like the actual games.

Won't this spark some copyright issue?

Possibly, but it's not like they can earn any money from it. I'd still expect some publishers to issue cease and desist notices for certain creations.

I suspect that Dreams is going to be a really important game for PS5, mainly because it’s a full set of development tools. Fairly sure that MediaMolecule will have been working on PS5/DualSense and VR support for this

I believe we’ll start to see full games developed in Dreams sold on PS Store.

Thinking of jumping in on this as I've got a 25% discount code on the store. How is the community developing? Some of the videos posted above are incredible.

Definitely worth it. The community is massive with loads of collaborations. Some may just be producing music or sound effects for other works or for people to use. Some may just be concentrating on sculpting, mechanics, textures etc. There are loads of resources that others are sharing and loads of tutorial videos.
None of which are any use to me as I don't have a single artist bone in my body. I can still wander about playing others creations or music.
There are some staggering works in there. Doesn't have to be a playable game, sometimes just to see what others can create

Thinking of jumping in on this as I've got a 25% discount code on the store. How is the community developing? Some of the videos posted above are incredible.

I downloaded the demo and played Southpaw cooking - hilarious

...and then Cubric which was amazing.

[random videos]

You can/could get the disc version for £25 in Days of Play but I decided I'd prefer the digital version so I could dip in for a moment rather than swap discs.
I had the same offer - 25% off. I used the code and bought credit from CDKeys - total cost wasunder £27

So far I've only had a quick blast through some more things people have created. I really hope I get time to play with the creator mode but at the moment work is mad and we're all locked down together so I can't disappear for an entire evening :)

[edit] My 25% off code expired TODAY 2nd June 2020 so make your mind up :)[/edit]

Last edited:
I went for it on digital. Hoping to spend some time with it in the coming days - might keep it up my sleeve as a treat for my elder two to play and create something before they go back to school

£24.99 in the Days of Play sale.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom