Dreams. What do they mean ? Am I just weird ?

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bit of a strange one but I'll ask
Does anyone know anything about dream analysis and what recurring dreams mean ?

Before I go on I should stress I a cynic, whilst I believe there is likely hood of life "out there" and quite like to cling onto the idea of some form of existence after this one I'm no tree hugging beardy with incense burning and friends coming round for tarot and ouji sessions

However I have been have recurring dreams for some time now and they are vivid

Now I'm not sure if it's two separate dreams or one that turns into the other, but they are as follows

1 - I'm away, on holiday / short break, in what I believe to be New York, if not New York it's certainly a major busy city with loads happening and it's certainly a place that when I'm dreaming I feel excited to be in and happy to be there

In the dream though it always feels as if it's the last few hours of the last day I'm there and I'm rushed and needing to make the most of the time

However what I always end up doing is going to a HUGE bookstore, like a massive waterstones that stretches over many a floor. It's all wooden in side and had huge wooden staircases.

And every single time in my dream I find myself rushing up the stairs to the very top floor to where the comics / graphic novels are and having to find a handful to take home to read on plane

Whilst I always get feeling I'm happy and excited to be here and overwhelmed by the choice I also always wake from this dream feeling stressed as if the choice was too much and that maybe I did not choose wisely

2 - now this is weird. This dream always starts off the same. I'm at home. In my house. A house that I have now lived in for ten years. In my dream whilst cleaning I find a door to a new part of the house that never realised existed and always in my dream in turns out that my house is just a front for a massive and huge mansion type place. This "dream" house rarely makes any logical sense in its layout and it has a huge rear garden on a cliff over looking the sea which, when I think back over the dreams, I feel is the see in Paignton

Anyway, this is how the dream always starts. Me investigating this new found house, but each time then on the dream differs and I find myself (kind of like mr Ben) going into a new room and at that point the dream is always different and rarely memorable

It's as if this dream house is sleeping me finding a dream to have

So there you have it

The deranged thoughts of a mad man ? Or something that some brain doctor could have hours of fun with ?

You're stressed about something, but also feel you have loads to discover in your future.
You need to look at your life and figure out what gives you the feeling of dissatisfaction, your subconscious is telling you that change is required.

Now if that is not mumbo jumbo, its got very good chance being true

Before you make any hasty decisions, make sure you check that the stars align

Before you make any hasty decisions, make sure you check that the stars align

See thats another thing I have zero belief in, as I did with dreams up til the last couple years when I have been getting this ones regularly and vividly

I've never had a 'recurring' dream - am I the only one?

Although a couple of times I have realised I'm dreaming - I usually decide to fly at that point and the dream ends soon after. Although one time I realised I was dreaming I demonstrated my powers by going to the post office and making a rotating rack of post cards rise up or if the floor. Yep, I need help.

They are also part of your brains filing system. Allowing you too process the days information and giving you a blank slate for the rest of the day.

I have never had a recurring dream but I have often got a sense of deja-vu during a dream, which had made me believe a dream has been recurring.

I often have a sense of deja-pu

Same old shit :(

Doesn't work so well with the swear filter :D

Dream analysis is a load of rubbish, just like clairvoyants and Yvette Fielding.

Dream analysis is a load of rubbish,
It depends on what you mean by dream analysis, really. If you try to use it to predict the future then you are correct. However dreams are a window into your subconscious and analysis of these can tell you what you are thinking, if it isn't obvious to yourself, dreams are representations of what your mind is processing so it works quite well as an analysis tool.

Like most people have said. Dreams tend to relate to what you have been thinking about either subconsciously or consciously during the day.
I sometimes find I tend to dream about whatever I watched on telly or read in bed and found interesting 60 minutes or so before I actually fall asleep.
I do lucid dreaming which means most of the time I'm aware that it's a dream and I have full control. I can fly, breathe underwater and can't die.
I occasionally get recurring dreams but it's been ages. When it does happen I do the Gary Oldman trick in 5th Element where he goes, "I know this tune. Let's.Change.The beat." And change the dream to something I want to dream about. Which normally involves flying or boobs....

I've had lucid dreams too, you can make yourself have them. I trained my mind by looking at a clock and mentally noting the time, looking away, then looking back at the time and noting it again. If the time was the same I was awake. Did this a lot throughout the day.
However I had a dream I was panicking I was late for work and the time was 11am. I looked away and back at the clock and it changed to 2am. Since I had conditioned my mind when I was awake that this meant something was off, this "woke me up" within the dream, and by rubbing my hands together I could stay in this lucid state for what seemed a long time. Just walking around marvelling at the power of the mind's creation.

I dont have reoccuring dreams now - but had them as a kid - around 5 years old..?

couple that i remember were - walking along a single track in the countryside for what liked seemed forever...I lived in an urban place and never realy had exposure to the countryside then...

another one was that i was able to fly - but at some point I was attached to the cables that provide power for trams and i had to go the same direction as the cable... I wanted to turn left (for example) but simply couldn't...so frustrating..!

my lady mentioned ages ago about some dream that her grandson had explained about - and another kid the same age had the same - maybe kids that age also have it, but i forget the dream now haha..!

I still dream often and type them up - as i also type a daily diary and have done most of my life story... I have a need to remember... :)

I would love to have a dream analyist go over some of mine. Some of my more recent ones...

Getting chased around the house by the family pet T Rex which was wearing high heels

Waking up in the morning to find my skull on the bed side cabinet. Cue me getting my friends around trying to figure out how it had got out and how i was going to put it back in.

Do also get a frequent dream where im in the back seat of an out of control car trying to drive it with my feet.

Regarding the first one, do you read comics, I,m assuming so as you say " Graphic Novels" ....then thats a typical anxiety dream brought on by you thinking, at least on some level, that you spend too much time reading them, to the point that you are wasting the last hours of a dream holiday in a comic shop.

I have similar dreams, but with me its photography, I,m usually not able to move because of the weight of a ridiculous amount of massively heavy camera accessories.

Likewise, the second one, I have a house I keep having recurring dreams about, always in the same location , but with multiple staircases, some always leading to the same floor, some leading to new ones,and always, a really long corridor that takes me to the perfect home entertainment room. ( probably means that the perfect home entertainment room is always very very far away.)

I often dream about things that are plaguing my thoughts in the day. For example if I am putting off a difficult phone call (hate phone calls) then eventually I will dream I make the call, and feel relief in the dream that it's over - then crushing disappointment when I wake up and am back to square one.

What everyone else has said..

However.... That doesn't mean you're NOT weird :D

I love dreaming - and my lady doesn't recall having dreams...

i just wished when we pass away then it's one continous (nice) dream for eternity...

Regarding the first one, do you read comics, I,m assuming so as you say " Graphic Novels" ....then thats a typical anxiety dream brought on by you thinking, at least on some level, that you spend too much time reading them, to the point that you are wasting the last hours of a dream holiday in a comic shop.

I have similar dreams, but with me its photography, I,m usually not able to move because of the weight of a ridiculous amount of massively heavy camera accessories.

Likewise, the second one, I have a house I keep having recurring dreams about, always in the same location , but with multiple staircases, some always leading to the same floor, some leading to new ones,and always, a really long corridor that takes me to the perfect home entertainment room. ( probably means that the perfect home entertainment room is always very very far away.)

I used to spend a fortune on them, up til had mortgage and other things to spend money on. In fact this time last year I sold off part of my collection, made 3 grand and purchased a lovely state of the art (at the time) TV - up til then the collection had just been gathering dust at parents

I still read them, but rarely and not up to date

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom