Dreamcatcher

L

loadsofleads

Anybody seen this Stephen King movie which recently came out on DVD ? Is it worth buying and what is the picture quality like ?

IMHO - pants.

Chance for a good story to unfold until you 'see' the reason for it all.

I'm not going to spoil the film for you as you may really like it. However, it's like a made for TV type of film, which it seems what Stephen King seems to be churning out left, right and centre these days.

I rented it. A beer helped with the pain.:D

Originally posted by General Skanky
which it seems what Stephen King seems to be churning out left, right and centre these days.

It's not what Stephen King himself is churning out....the book Dreamcatcher is superb imho...

Turned it off after about 30 mins,thought it was rubbish.

The film was absolute cr@p :thumbsdow .

The book was totally the oposite :smashin: .

imho the film is awesome the first 30 minutes are crap but rent by all means really enjoyed it

I really enjoyed it. My lady hated it. It was so completely different to what I was expecting

Worse film I've seen in the last 12 months.
So bad its funny or is it.....
I honestly thought the director was having a joke.

The story would not have been out of place on a X Files or Outer Limits program.
I wouldn't recommend buying it, but its not that terrible if you like that sort of thing.

Originally posted by Mr.D

IMO thats reserved for LXG.

I'll add another vote to the utter bile catagory - two hours of my life I'll never get back (and the obsessive compulsive in me can't turn a film I've started watching off :mad:).

Originally posted by Mr.D
So bad its funny or is it.....
I honestly thought the director was having a joke.

my thoughts exactly. the ending was absolute pants, and what was Morgan Freeman thinking about when he agreed to do this 'tv movie':thumbsdow:thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Arghhhh, bought this film only 2 weeks ago and haven't watched it yet. I really must stop impulse buying and research first.:mad: :mad:

Oh Boy,
Me too....it's on the shelf ready to watch, but at least I'm into ET/X-File/paranormal stuff so who knows...

The first half was pretty good but it seemed like the second half was made by a different person. The actors all do their best but the ending is without question terrible. Shame, as the cast is strong & Lawrence Kasdan is a good director.

Rent it first before buying.

Originally posted by dsw182
The first half was pretty good but it seemed like the second half was made by a different person. The actors all do their best but the ending is without question terrible. Shame, as the cast is strong & Lawrence Kasdan is a good director.

Rent it first before buying.

Yeh, I'd agree with that. I rented it. Thought it was worth buying though after I had watched it.

I picked the box of it up today and read the blurb on the back and was temped to buy it but from the above I will hang on till it comes down in price.

I thought it was a great movie, its not excellent but definetly worth watching. So funny and wierd.
Its like a mixture of Alien(s),Sixth Sense and Starship Troopers.
Id say buy it after it gets a little cheaper and then ebay it.

http://www12.cd-wow.com/detail_results_2.php?product_code=9261

but the r1 is a better version.

Cya, Shaz

Watched it and I really enjoyed it...
...but then I am into this kinda stuff....'spot the wierdo huh'.:smoke:

Got to say that i enjoyed it , great film:smashin:

Daran

Was almost tempted to buy it unseen, given the Director and Screenwriter. Lawrence Kasdan and William Goldman usually deliver the goods...

:confused:

Rented this the other night because it had morgan freeman in it and was based on a stephen king story.

What a mistake, it was absoloutely dire, so pointless, boring and disjointed, its like it was made for a joke because it was just so bad. It started off like there was going to be something interesting but ended up some dreadful low budget piece of nonsense.

Total agree with '2manyconsoles) rented last week, Stephen King story, Morgan Freeman & chubby guy out of Heat & Saving Private Ryan.
Got to be worth a watch I thought, wrong.
Don't waste your money renting it or buying it!

Absolutely terrible pile of sh*te.

even worse than "league of extraordinary actors":clown:

Arghhhh, bought this film only 2 weeks ago and haven't watched it yet. I really must stop impulse buying and research first.

the only good thing about it is that this film has finally made me rent films I haven't seen first before buying them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom